District 4-A 2016-2017

VFL44

Oneida defeated Oliver Springs in 2OT by a score of 68-60. Neither team got ahead by more than 3 points until the second overtime. Wouldn't say it was a "good" game by any means due to the sloppiness and missed free throws.

yea, the three bottom teams in d4 are miles below the top 4. None of those 4 are elite by any stretch.... But Oneida, OS and SB are especially In a tough spot right now. Amongst the weakest in east TN, I'd say. Small school down cycle strikes hard sometimes...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think oakdale coalfield wartburg and jellico are that Far off from Harriman And Meigs Grace Is a lot better Than all them Wartburg only lost to harriman by 4 at home

yea, they would have a chance on a good night... But Harriman is a good 10+ pts better on most nights. More athletic and better shooting overall than either of those four from d4. This Harriman team is a good bit better than the last couple of years. I think Harriman has a good shot to beat GCA once this year....Good shot....not great shot.

CF/WB tonight...  Wb seems to be playing well, as is CF. CF expended alot of energy winning at King's Academy last night, that may affect them somewhat. Injured starter as well. Still probably the best two teams in d4 now that football seems to have worn off the CF kids...It took a while. Mckinney starting to show that he may be the top player in d4.  Having said that, I like WB by 8 at home. 

CF/WB tonight... Wb seems to be playing well, as is CF. CF expended alot of energy winning at King's Academy last night, that may affect them somewhat. Injured starter as well. Still probably the best two teams in d4 now that football seems to have worn off the CF kids...It took a while. Mckinney starting to show that he may be the top player in d4. Having said that, I like WB by 8 at home.

Coalfield needs this one for seeding purposes come tournament time. They have pretty much taken themselves out of position for an outright regular season championship so this could be big when determining whether they will be 2-4.

Coalfield needs this one for seeding purposes come tournament time. They have pretty much taken themselves out of position for an outright regular season championship so this could be big when determining whether they will be 2-4.

Agreed. I think they will beat Jellico and OD pretty soundly at CF.... so this one is important. Don't want to be 0-2 vs WB in the standings.  

I don't think oakdale coalfield wartburg and jellico are that Far off from Harriman And Meigs Grace Is a lot better Than all them Wartburg only lost to harriman by 4 at home

I predict district 4 to go 1-3 come in 1st round come region tourney time , with no team advancing to finals , The big 3 in D3 are tough but after that it is a steep drop off! Edited by TFL

Oakdale-Coalfield rematch at Coalfield this Tuesday. Oakdale got the benefit of some questionable calls last time, interested to see what will happen this time around.

Should be a good ballgame. If Kilby plays vs Oakdale last time I think CF would've won. Coalfield has been playing well lately winning 6 of their last 7. I think they keep it up and win by 10 at home.