District 4-A 2016-2017

VFL44

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakdale-Coalfield rematch at Coalfield this Tuesday. Oakdale got the benefit of some questionable calls last time, interested to see what will happen this time around.

From what I've seen of both teams, CF should win at home fairly handily... so they probably won't. I thought WB would win at home vs CF ... nope.

They've shaken off FBall...finally, and are playing much better. OD has two quality players, but they drop off quickly after that. CF is deeper even with a starter out. You never know with HS though, off nights happen....heck, I think Lenoir city beat Bearden the other night....bizarre. LC lost to oliver springs for goodness sake...OS?! and then beat Bearden.

Edited by CAH09

Oakdale takes down Coalfield 63-60 at Coalfield in a barn burner. Championship teams find ways to win, and that's just what Oakdale is doing. Great game

yea, it was a good game. OD seems to have had a lot of luck on their side twice now against CF. down 2 starters last nite... One played some, but not moving well. Doubt things shake out the same in February.

Well if we're talking about what if situations three of the players that get playing time are Oakdale kids. Two of them being starters.

No...if they were OD kids, they would be at OD. They are not, so they are NOT OD's kids.

If kid X goes to elementary school Y...it's not a LIFE SENTENCE. People do not have to live in the same place forever. One of those kids went there in 5th grade...he's a junior, goodness,6 years ago...A school does not own/control a family's decisions forever. The other moved this year...so be it. I noticed one from CF at another school back in the fall... he/she moved away...that's it...it's over. 

You are the one that brought up hypothetical scenarios. That's problem with the system a lot of other school districts if u are zoned for a school that's where u go not wherever u want to unless you apply for a hardship waiver for special circumstances. That's why they have talked about reguating classification on opened and closed zones. So people can't live in zone a,b,c and all load up and drive to school d.

You are the one that brought up hypothetical scenarios. That's problem with the system a lot of other school districts if u are zoned for a school that's where u go not wherever u want to unless you apply for a hardship waiver for special circumstances. That's why they have talked about reguating classification on opened and closed zones. So people can't live in zone a,b,c and all load up and drive to school d.

CF having kid(s) out wasn't a hypothesis, it was a fact. Facts are not hypothetical. Those facts led to my opinion which may or may not come true. I've seen both teams a few times...I think OD was very fortunate twice getting CF with a short roster and that CF is 10+ points better than OD at 100%. They are currently 0-2 at much less than 100%, that's a fact. Take out any small school's 2nd best player and it hurts.   

I hear you on the zoning, you see a problem, some don't...but if a kid moves under the current rules... they move. They don't belong to anyone. If the rules change, then they change. Some other kids will move under those rules. Both kids you referred to operate under current rules... They/nor anyone else are OD/whoever's kids. People move for many reasons, end of story. OD is/was absolutely terrible in fball....if that was a reason, so be it...