District 4-A 2016-2017

VFL44

Wartburg with a huge win at Oakdale on Tuesday. Winner of the rematch will win the district (as long as neither team slips up between now and then), and Wartburg will have the upper hand with home court advantage.

Huge implications for the district tournament. Neither team wants to see Coalfield in the semis.

Not a guarantee coalfield finishes 3rd. Still have to beat oneida and jellico. Plus you can't count OS as a guaranteed win as you saw from Monday.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think oakdale coalfield wartburg and jellico are that Far off from Harriman And Meigs Grace Is a lot better Than all them Wartburg only lost to harriman by 4 at home

I think i'd have to disagree with you as of right now. I think our top 3 (Grace, Harriman, Meigs) are at least 10 points better than the top 3 team from District 4. This is just a special year for District 3 as we are loaded with talent and alot of depth! This is the best basketball team my Blue Devils have had since the 95 State Championship team!

They are Oakdale kids but one moved to Coalfield this year the other went to Coalfield back in Middle school so no use in calling him an Oakdale kid no more.. but regardless Oakdale won & Oakdale has been Harrimans toughest competition this season because of the matchup I could see oakdale winning region.. Coalfields a great team they just don't matchup against oakdale well due to Maverick Smiths versatility in the post

With all due respect Oakdale is a couple steps below Harriman right now. At this point in the season I would be comfortable with taking Harriman by 15 at least. Grace and Harriman are at the top of Region 2 right now and it's going to take a heck of an effort to change that.

With all due respect Oakdale is a couple steps below Harriman right now. At this point in the season I would be comfortable with taking Harriman by 15 at least. Grace and Harriman are at the top of Region 2 right now and it's going to take a heck of an effort to change that.

These two will make the State tourn.GCA can challenge for the Gold.Harriman is a very good team but lack the size And discipline to win it all.No other 1A team will beat Harriman other than GCA on this side.

These two will make the State tourn.GCA can challenge for the Gold.Harriman is a very good team but lack the size And discipline to win it all.No other 1A team will beat Harriman other than GCA on this side.

I agree. You're thinking about the same of how we'll do as I thought you guys would in football. I'm fired up about Tuesday!

Harriman will fold when the time comes

Sure hope we can see you and prove you wrong. This is one of the most dangerous teams we've had since 95 and they're not far off from that team. Unless you're seeing something I'm not, we don't tend to fold come basketball team. The last couple of years we've just been slightly below Meigs and Grace. This year we're right with the best of them. If you've got a chance to see the Big Blue this year then you know just how deep and dangerous this team truly is!

Sure hope we can see you and prove you wrong. This is one of the most dangerous teams we've had since 95 and they're not far off from that team. Unless you're seeing something I'm not, we don't tend to fold come basketball team. The last couple of years we've just been slightly below Meigs and Grace. This year we're right with the best of them. If you've got a chance to see the Big Blue this year then you know just how deep and dangerous this team truly is!

If 1,15 or 21 goes off the floor Harrimans effectiveness dwindles.4 is a good athlete but just not on the other threes level.I don't see you all as a deep team as you have said.GCA is a very deep team and all of their starting five are outstanding players along with a good bench.Harriman bench play isn't as good.Harriman is as good a transition team as I have seen but lack the half court game.If Harriman had a couple of bigs and played with discipline they would be one of the best in the state no doubt.I look forward to Tuesday to see if Harriman can pull one out at home against GCA.I do agree with you that this is probably the best Bluedevil team since 95.I do think that Meigs may cause Harriman problems in the D tourn.I also think that no team from District 4 will beat Harriman,Meigs or Grace.But that is why we play!! Edited by orngnblk

If 1,15 or 21 goes off the floor Harrimans effectiveness dwindles.4 is a good athlete but just not on the other threes level.I don't see you all as a deep team as you have said.GCA is a very deep team and all of their starting five are outstanding players along with a good bench.Harriman bench play isn't as good.Harriman is as good a transition team as I have seen but lack the half court game.If Harriman had a couple of bigs and played with discipline they would be one of the best in the state no doubt.I look forward to Tuesday to see if Harriman can pull one out at home against GCA.I do agree with you that this is probably the best Bluedevil team since 95.I do think that Meigs may cause Harriman problems in the D tourn.I also think that no team from District 4 will beat Harriman,Meigs or Grace.But that is why we play!!

Fellas I'm saying the last state team from Harriman was better than this years but that doesn't even matter. I agree that our depth seemed lacking against grace but we also shrunk our bench that game. I would have liked to see one or two more kids touch the court that didn't even for just a few minutes to rest some legs. We could really use #4 if he were to finally get in his rhythm after battling an injury all year. Also we are missing 2 more kids that could help coming back from injury. As for this district Harriman Grace and Meigs should it to round 2 of regions. Having seen all 3 of the top D4 teams, Oakdale scares me with 2 players that can take over a game at any time. CF really only has 1 player that scares me and I just wasn't impressed with Wartburg.

Fellas I'm saying the last state team from Harriman was better than this years but that doesn't even matter. I agree that our depth seemed lacking against grace but we also shrunk our bench that game. I would have liked to see one or two more kids touch the court that didn't even for just a few minutes to rest some legs. We could really use #4 if he were to finally get in his rhythm after battling an injury all year. Also we are missing 2 more kids that could help coming back from injury. As for this district Harriman Grace and Meigs should it to round 2 of regions. Having seen all 3 of the top D4 teams, Oakdale scares me with 2 players that can take over a game at any time. CF really only has 1 player that scares me and I just wasn't impressed with Wartburg.

Good post, who are you missing? Edited by orngnblk

District Match-ups this week........... Monday- Jellico @ Wartburg; Tuesday- Oakdale @ Oliver Springs & Oneida @ Coalfield; Friday- Sunbright @ Oakdale, Wartburg @ Oliver Springs & Jellico at Coalfield........... Oakdale & Wartburg better not sleep on Oliver Springs as playing in the Land of OZ is a difficult envirnoment.........If Coalfield wins out this week they will secure the #3 seed unless Jellico knocks off Wartburg then they will secure the #3 seed barring they hold serve at Sunbright which they should. Wartburg & Oakdale have to win out this week to keep pace for #1 seed.    Should be some interesting games.