District 4-A 2016-2017

VFL44

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to watch GCA and Harriman on Tues.I will tell you right now those two are MUCH MUCH improved over last year.They are peaking after getting the footballers in Bball shape and GCA will challenge for the Gold this year barring injury.They are on a different level from 1A teams this side of Memphis.Harriman isn't on GCAs level but are better than any other in the East.D-4 won't beat either team.Just the facts guys.

I agreed with you 100%... until I realized a GB poster was showing some hoops knowledge?!?! GB...basketball...when are you all going start recruiting as hard in basketball? just kidding!

I think Harriman wins one of the two vs GCA this year. GCA is down a starter, I think.

I agreed with you 100%... until I realized a GB poster was showing some hoops knowledge?!?! GB...basketball...when are you all going start recruiting as hard in basketball? just kidding!

I think Harriman wins one of the two vs GCA this year. GCA is down a starter, I think.

My oldest was on the 20 win substate GB team,1500 point scorer.So I have a lot just don't have to show it anymore!LOL.Traveled all over with super AAU Bball and coached it also.I am always checking the local teams box scores.Hampton and GCA are usually the two best come tourney time but Hampton is down and GCA has a team to rival most 3A teams and have this year.I don't think Harriman can get them GCA has a big hatred of HHS and that will fuel the fire for the Rams.This is the main reason I'm heading over to GCA to get a first hand look at the HUGE Ram team and see if Harriman can make it a close one.

My oldest was on the 20 win substate GB team,1500 point scorer.So I have a lot just don't have to show it anymore!LOL.Traveled all over with super AAU Bball and coached it also.I am always checking the local teams box scores.Hampton and GCA are usually the two best come tourney time but Hampton is down and GCA has a team to rival most 3A teams and have this year.I don't think Harriman can get them GCA has a big hatred of HHS and that will fuel the fire for the Rams.This is the main reason I'm heading over to GCA to get a first hand look at the HUGE Ram team and see if Harriman can make it a close one.

Ill see you there! I'm excited to see what we got against a top notch team. I don't even think we've played toward our full potential yet. If everybody gets hot one night it'll be scary what we could do. We're missing a few key backups right now to injury but they are expected back I think.

Well Mr. Coalfield guy OS pulled out a 79-71 win over Coalfield tonight.. now as os secures 6th seed atleast we could see a rematch of these two in district..

hats off to OS tonight. It was obvious from the get go that if they got a shot off...it stood an 75% chance of going in...happy for coach Ingram... Tough year for him and I'm sure to play that well against CF was fun. Having said that...sorry to say it, but the CF coaches get an F on the night. You're missing two inside players...and it's obvious that every shot they shoot is gonna go in...how in the world can you sit in a zone for over 2 qtrs and watch them make shot after shot? They have ONE guard.... ONE. You have 7...and a huge advantage athletically. Your advantage is to go pressure and out athlete them... What is the advantage of a zone with2 inside kids not playing? Finally did...in 3rd qtr, and cut an 18 pt lead to 2 in final min... Tough one to watch. Edited by CAH09

hats off to OS tonight. It was obvious from the get go that if they got a shot off...it stood an 75% chance of going in...happy for coach Ingram... Tough year for him and I'm sure to play that well against CF was fun. Having said that...sorry to say it, but the CF coaches get an F on the night. You're missing two inside players...and it's obvious that every shot they shoot is gonna go in...how in the world can you sit in a zone for over 2 qtrs and watch them make shot after shot? They have ONE guard.... ONE. You have 7...and a huge advantage athletically. Your advantage is to go pressure and out athlete them... What is the advantage of a zone with2 inside kids not playing? Finally did...in 3rd qtr, and cut an 18 pt lead to 2 in final min... Tough one to watch.

Any idea on where Russell has been? They've missed him with Kilby being out as well.

Wartburg with a huge win at Oakdale on Tuesday. Winner of the rematch will win the district (as long as neither team slips up between now and then), and Wartburg will have the upper hand with home court advantage.

Huge implications for the district tournament. Neither team wants to see Coalfield in the semis.