District 4-A 2016-2017

VFL44

These kids shoot ball all year long no matter football season or not.. they all play AAU or take gym class where they shoot ball that's not an excuse in the second game. Kilby is better then Carroll but he also adds a lot of fouls and doesn't play his hardest for that coaching staff but that's another story.. kilby could of added four point but he coulda also added 4 fouls

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakdale had 4 of their top 7 play football 3 starters which is an equal number with coalfield and including that the Hicks kid played football this year and was still treating an injury from the season. Since Oakdale is not one of the best teams in the district why did they beat jellico by 20 who beat already beat coalfield earlier in the year.

Oakdale had 4 of their top 7 play football 3 starters which is an equal number with coalfield and including that the Hicks kid played football this year and was still treating an injury from the season. Since Oakdale is not one of the best teams in the district why did they beat jellico by 20 who beat already beat coalfield earlier in the year.

And those same kids also started basketball practice a couple weeks before coalfields football players did. 7 of coalfields top 10 play football including 4 starters instead of 3. I already said Oakdale is in the drivers seat to win the regular season. All they have to do is split with wartburg and OD is the regular season champ. I still think Coalfield at full strength beats Oakdale. I'm not trying to take anything away from Oakdale I just think Coalfield is better when Kilby is playing. Edited by TheMan2015

Yes, Kilby definitely adds a wrinkle to the game. Like tstewart said, it depends on which Kilby shows up. You'll either get a solid double double and a presence in the paint or 4 fouls.

And I probably got a little too feisty with my original post. I feel for the kids at Oakdale though, because it seems literally no matter what they do, its not "respected." Oakdale was so bad for so long (including my four years), and now that they've finally turned it around, people want to put an asterisk beside every accomplishment they've had. 

Yes, Kilby definitely adds a wrinkle to the game. Like tstewart said, it depends on which Kilby shows up. You'll either get a solid double double and a presence in the paint or 4 fouls.

And I probably got a little too feisty with my original post. I feel for the kids at Oakdale though, because it seems literally no matter what they do, its not "respected." Oakdale was so bad for so long (including my four years), and now that they've finally turned it around, people want to put an asterisk beside every accomplishment they've had.

I will say that they've been the best team going on three years now. Coach Nelson has done a tremendous job up there. Plus he's had a couple of really good players come through which has made his job easier.

OD has near zero chance in region. They are just a decent single A team...that's it. GCA and Hman are 20+ better than them on most days. Ask WB about their trip to harriman.

Now what would be ironic is if OD won with this team after stinking it up last year in region with a much better team. Last year was likely their chance to get out of region and they played poorly against a good GCA team and got beat soundly. This team is decidedly weaker than last year. GCA and Hman are better this yr.... Hman is much better than last year.

You do realize Oakdale trailed GCA by 4 and had the ball with a minute left last year. They turned it over and GCA pulled away when Oakdale fouled in the final minute. Steinmetz also barely played due to an injury. Edited by hooters

You do realize Oakdale trailed GCA by 4 and had the ball with a minute left last year. They turned it over and GCA pulled away when Oakdale fouled in the final minute. Steinmetz also barely played due to an injury.

I hear you, but they lost by 11 in the 2nd rd of region.... That's the reality. It was obviously a big disappointment for OD. That was the best team they've had in many years and to only get there and lose by double digits. The point was, how ironic it would be for this year's team to get through...considering it is weaker. I hope a 4a team gets through...but it is VERY unlikely. The top two 3a teams are better this yr than last...the top three 4a teams are a little weaker this year.

I hear you, but they lost by 11 in the 2nd rd of region.... That's the reality. It was obviously a big disappointment for OD. That was the best team they've had in many years and to only get there and lose by double digits. The point was, how ironic it would be for this year's team to get through...considering it is weaker. I hope a 4a team gets through...but it is VERY unlikely. The top two 3a teams are better this yr than last...the top three 4a teams are a little weaker this year.

I'm going to watch GCA and Harriman on Tues.I will tell you right now those two are MUCH MUCH improved over last year.They are peaking after getting the footballers in Bball shape and GCA will challenge for the Gold this year barring injury.They are on a different level from 1A teams this side of Memphis.Harriman isn't on GCAs level but are better than any other in the East.D-4 won't beat either team.Just the facts guys. Edited by orngnblk