AP Class 1A Top 10 Sept 12 2016

Southtowner

Quick question. Not saying I don't think they should be ranked at 3, but is Greenback really the third BEST overall team in 1A?

hard to say. They have most of their starters back from a team that made it to the championship game last year but I think they were the fifth best team overall. Wayne county, Dresden, union city, Ncs, and maybe even Huntington and Peabody were better teams last year but all were in the same bracket. This year greenback will have south Pittsburg as their only real challenge in the east in my opinion. You have Dresden, union city, Wayne county, Huntington, Ncs, and trousdale in the west and to say greenback could win more than half of those games head to head would be a stretch. Unfortunately we will never know. Edited by Creekbank1997

hard to say. They have most of their starters back from a team that made it to the championship game last year but I think they were the fifth best team overall. Wayne county, Dresden, union city, Ncs, and maybe even Huntington and Peabody were better teams last year but all were in the same bracket. This year greenback will have south Pittsburg as their only real challenge in the east in my opinion. You have Dresden, union city, Wayne county, Huntington, Ncs, and trousdale in the west and to say greenback could win more than half of those games head to head would be a stretch. Unfortunately we will never know.

You saying that CA doesn't have a chance?

You saying that CA doesn't have a chance?[/quote I would never say that about any team. Any given night any team can be beat but I think greenback and south Pitt are the better teams. I'm a trousdale guy and I will even admit we are probably the fourth or fifth best team in the west but that doesn't mean we couldn't run the table. It just means we would need some help, same as you guys. It's only my opinion. No harm, no foul.

You saying that CA doesn't have a chance?[/quote I would never say that about any team. Any given night any team can be beat but I think greenback and south Pitt are the better teams. I'm a trousdale guy and I will even admit we are probably the fourth or fifth best team in the west but that doesn't mean we couldn't run the table. It just means we would need some help, same as you guys. It's only my opinion. No harm, no foul.

Fair enough. But just watch. CA is a much better team than they were last year, and are looking forward to taking on south Pitt at home, and then moving on to get their revenge on greenback. It's a long time away from now, and anything can happen, but don't over look us yet

SP will not be an easy out this year. I am not sure GHS will even make it that far. there are some good teams that we would have to beat just to get to that point. And it's along ways away. But it would be a good game. And we are also better than we were last year imo. Still have a lot to work on though. But we would love to play you guys again. Good luck the rest of the year. (But don't over look SP)

SP will not be an easy out this year. I am not sure GHS will even make it that far. there are some good teams that we would have to beat just to get to that point. And it's along ways away. But it would be a good game. And we are also better than we were last year imo. Still have a lot to work on though. But we would love to play you guys again. Good luck the rest of the year. (But don't over look SP)

we still have a lot of work to do and a lot that needs to be cleaned up. CA has another tough team we just hope to make it that far