Siegel vs. Cookeville

daddykriley

Wow only a five point spread. Is Siegel that good of an 0-4 team or is Cookeville overrated?

Don't see this being a 5 point game. I see it being close for a 1/2 or maybe even 3 quarters, but cookeville pulls away in the end by at least a couple scores. With that being said I do think siegle is a good 0-4 team, and Cookeville is NOT overrated. They come in to this game ranked 8th in 6A poll, which is about were they need to be. If the poll had then top 5 I would say unproven so therefore overrated, but 8th is a good spot for them. Their 4 victories are all over teams that they should have beaten,with that being said they handle each team with ease, which good teams do.

Their defense looks to be real good, their offense is very balanced. They have players with div 1 offers, sold qb play, great running game, ok up front on both sides of the ball, great head coach and staff, good team chemistry with senior leaders, and lots of momentum going into the tuffest part of their season. This team is also has fresh legs with the starters only playing 9 quarters in 4 games. I truly belive this team has a chance to make a big run here at the mid way mark of the season. I have my worries which i wrote about in my previous post. I know that a lot of people will beat me up on these coments, but hey I believe.

#fearthestash

Edited by daddykriley

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach W calls the O and not the D. His main fault is not being as good at picking a staff as Rankin. Got to give Rankin that. He does know how to pick a staff that takes the weight off of him.

Coach W does not call the O. He has coordinators on both sides of the ball that call the plays, but he spends more time with defense.

The CAVS are ranked # 8 in record only. Haven't done anything yet to earn it. They obviously didn't put any weight into the strength of these 4 teams. IF my Cavs win tonight to to 5-0 then maybe we will have earned a # 8 ranking. Cavs "should" win. But if we come out with another game with 10,12,15 penalties for 100+ yards, we will likely get beat tonight.

I'd also hold off on the "best Jimmy Maynord team at Cookeville" just yet. Defense may be as good or better than last year but so far the offense is not. Some of that is probably due to penalties. This may end up being a better team but let's wait till the season is over and see what the record is and if we make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs first.

Good luck to the Cavs tonight. Hope it's an injury free game for both teams.

Edited by THE SQUAD

The CAVS are ranked # 8 in record only. Haven't done anything yet to earn it. They obviously didn't put any weight into the strength of these 4 teams. IF my Cavs win tonight to to 5-0 then maybe we will have earned a # 8 ranking. Cavs "should" win. But if we come out with another game with 10,12,15 penalties for 100+ yards, we will likely get beat tonight.

I'd also hold off on the "best Jimmy Maynord team at Cookeville" just yet. Defense may be as good or better than last year but so far the offense is not. Some of that is probably due to penalties. This may end up being a better team but let's wait till the season is over and see what the record is and if we make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs first.

Good luck to the Cavs tonight. Hope it's an injury free game for both teams.

" I think the most important thing for any team is a winning attitude."= Bear Bryant

Come on the squad you got to have some faith! Some of that winning attitude man.

We can't be like "same old cavs" if the program is to be successful. So get on this band wagon and see if it stops were it started! COOKEVILLE!

#fearthestash

" I think the most important thing for any team is a winning attitude."= Bear Bryant

Come on the squad you got to have some faith! Some of that winning attitude man.

We can't be like "same old cavs" if the program is to be successful. So get on this band wagon and see if it stops were it started! COOKEVILLE!

#fearthestash

Oh I'm on the bandwagon believe me. I hope we come out & finally play to our potential tonight. Wish I could be there I gotta work.