Class A - Region 2

VFL44

GCA up 70-37 late in 3rd!!Wow!!

Oakdale had a scrappy team. They played hard to the end. But, the outcome was never in doubt with a running clock and Coach D clearing bench mid-3rd quarter on. It got a tad chippy once the outcome was determined. Credit to Oakdale coach for pulling his PG, before someone got hurt. It was a shame too.....he is too good of a player to have to resort to that stuff. I get it....last game....it stinks. But, go out with class...... :shock:

From all accounts, Rams will have their hands full with Wartburg. And, I cannot wait to see the Harriman v Meigs game! I love watching good, hard-nosed high school basketball.  

It was like a scrimmage game man. Oakdale was just overmatched. We dunked on em, inside posted them, and outside 3-balled em. Connor was 4-4 from 3, 2-2 from 2, and 2/3 from FTL. All the starters done with 3:00 left in 3rd. GCA 79-40 end of third. Final score 79-41. So Oakdale won the 4th Q 1-0.

I hated to see it get chippy in the 3rd, Maverick Smith is a good player and I hated his last game was like that but much respect for him and hope he gets to keep playing somewhere in college.

And Oakdale swep Wartburg this year?

It was like a scrimmage game man. Oakdale was just overmatched. We dunked on em, inside posted them, and outside 3-balled em. Connor was 4-4 from 3, 2-2 from 2, and 2/3 from FTL. All the starters done with 3:00 left in 3rd. GCA 79-40 end of third. Final score 79-41. So Oakdale won the 4th Q 1-0.

I hated to see it get chippy in the 3rd, Maverick Smith is a good player and I hated his last game was like that but much respect for him and hope he gets to keep playing somewhere in college.

And Oakdale swep Wartburg this year?

I'm glad to see you fellas picked up the big win tonight! Yes Oakdale swept Wartburg but don't let those results fool you. We both know the history at Wartburg. This team is built for the tournament and they have an excellent coach that's always putting them in a position to win! I think if oakdale and Wartburg were to square off right now it would be no contest! Wartburg is just more complete and they've elevated their play to a very high level!! I think you guys take care of business against them Tuesday night, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Dawgs make a couple of runs at the Rams throughout the game. I'm confident that you guys will take this one by 12 or 14 points! Good luck brother! I'm on pens and needles about this matchup with Meigs!! We've got a little revenge on our minds!! This is where our season has ended the last two years, by yours truly, Meigs County!! We feel it's our time to step into the ring and continue this run to The Boro!!! One game at a time! It's do or die baby!!! Edited by SportsnetWriter2

I'm glad to see you fellas picked up the big win tonight! Yes Oakdale swept Wartburg but don't let those results fool you. We both know the history at Wartburg. This team is built for the tournament and they have an excellent coach that's always putting them in a position to win! I think if oakdale and Wartburg were to square off right now it would be no contest! Wartburg is just more complete and they've elevated their play to a very high level!! I think you guys take care of business against them Tuesday night, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Dawgs make a couple of runs at the Rams throughout the game. I'm confident that you guys will take this one by 12 or 14 points! Good luck brother! I'm on pens and needles about this matchup with Meigs!! We've got a little revenge on our minds!! This is where our season has ended the last two years, by yours truly, Meigs County!! We feel it's our time to step into the ring and continue this run to The Boro!!! One game at a time! It's do or die baby!!!

Do you think Meigs pitched the Tellico game the other night so they could get Harriman again? Still scratching my ugly head on that one

I'm glad to see you fellas picked up the big win tonight! Yes Oakdale swept Wartburg but don't let those results fool you. We both know the history at Wartburg. This team is built for the tournament and they have an excellent coach that's always putting them in a position to win! I think if oakdale and Wartburg were to square off right now it would be no contest! Wartburg is just more complete and they've elevated their play to a very high level!! I think you guys take care of business against them Tuesday night, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Dawgs make a couple of runs at the Rams throughout the game. I'm confident that you guys will take this one by 12 or 14 points! Good luck brother! I'm on pens and needles about this matchup with Meigs!! We've got a little revenge on our minds!! This is where our season has ended the last two years, by yours truly, Meigs County!! We feel it's our time to step into the ring and continue this run to The Boro!!! One game at a time! It's do or die baby!!!

No oakdale split with Wartburg

Coalfield played well but at one point the foul count was 9-1 in favor of Harriman and Coalfield played their best ball whenever it got chippy & fast paced and the refs tried evening up the foul count at the end which was awful on their end because the fouls really didn't hurt Coalfield.. McClain & some unknown kid #24 beat Coalfield I had spoke with a Harriman spectator said #24 can shoot good but he's never shot that good.. he barely missed..

Do you think Meigs pitched the Tellico game the other night so they could get Harriman again? Still scratching my ugly head on that one

Yes. Yes I do! No reason Tellico should have beat them! No sane minded person would wanna face this Grace team in a win or go home game on a neutral court. I was really hoping we'd pull that one off in the district championship to spoil their plans, and to avoid playing them for a shot at the region. They were close to spoiling our plans to make it to the district championship. Should be one heck of a night for basketball Tuesday

Yes. Yes I do! No reason Tellico should have beat them! No sane minded person would wanna face this Grace team in a win or go home game on a neutral court. I was really hoping we'd pull that one off in the district championship to spoil their plans, and to avoid playing them for a shot at the region. They were close to spoiling our plans to make it to the district championship. Should be one heck of a night for basketball Tuesday

In all honesty I kind of thought they did as well. I figured they liked their matchup better with Jellico than they did wartburg in the first round. Anyway Tuesday night should feature two good basketball games.

In all honesty I kind of thought they did as well. I figured they liked their matchup better with Jellico than they did wartburg in the first round. Anyway Tuesday night should feature two good basketball games.

Well that's 3 of us!Meigs is playing chess and this side of the bracket is better for them and Harriman better be ready Meigs is a great tournament team as you all know.