Knoxville Catholic vs. Belfry, KY

ATLCat

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Catholic moved to West Knoxville in 2000 there was only 250 kids in the school so at that time there was no need for more bleachers. The way the campus is designed I'm not sure where more bleachers could be placed, but a few of the East Tennessee schools have one sided bleachers (Bearden, Central and William Blount come to mind but they have a much larger venue). Not sure what happened on the previous post.

I wasn't knocking it. The way the campus is set up that's the only choice they had.

For the record that Bell team was solid, but not great

They lost in the State Semi's that year and had to replace something like 5 or 6 starters each way from their 2008 team. They were a team full of good players but not exactly littered with talent or explosive.

Belfry is returning 9 starters each way and is both talented and explosive.

You are also missing one other matchup against the Defending State Champs. Three years ago Belfry went to CAK and beat CAK 27-21 despite the Pirates entering missing 5 starters each way due to injury. CAK was the defending State Champions. Most of these Belfry Seniors were Freshman on that team with Horton, Bentley, Catron, and Woolum all starting

Don't see Belfry running away with it like last year, but also don't see Catholic continuing their video game scores.

The CAK team you beat at Belfry was only 7-6 and the team you beat three years ago started a freshman QB making his first ever start. Belfry's style reminds me of those Nebraska Cornhusker teams of the 80's an 90's.  Friday night should be an exciting and interesting game. With a major contrast in styles. I saw three of the opponents you've played this year and I'm not sure if any of them of them could beat Fulton. But since I know nothing about Kentucky football or the talent level it's impossible to judge. I know one thing, I'm glad the game is Knoxville.  That trip last year was something else especially the long drive home in that rain storm.  I wasn't smart enough to rent a hotel room lol.  Good luck tomorrow night.  Our boys are really excited about this game.  

Edited by QSouth89

I wasn't knocking it. The way the campus is set up that's the only choice they had.

That's what happens when you have a principal with no athletic background (that asked for no input from coaches) approving the layout of the athletic facilities. The baseball field situation is even worse. The only players that don't look directly into the sun during the day games are the right fielder and first baseman.