Knoxville Catholic vs. Belfry, KY

ATLCat

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we are being honest there are only about 3 really good football teams in Ky not including belfry- Trinity, Male, and St X other than that Ky football as a whole isn't very strong top to bottom

There are several really good teams in KY. Bowling Green comes to mind...several others.

Edited by Antwan

bowling green is ok but they have the most home cooking of any team in KY by far.... what other teams come tomcod?

Highlands...Ft. Campbell had a good run. Warren Central won a title last year. Mayfield has won numerous titles....won last year.

Paducah Tilghman had probably the best high school team I've ever seen. They beat BA & Oak Ridge on the road when both won TN titles. Highlands has been loaded with SEC talent over the years. I think TN football is a little better...but at the top...KY may be a little better. Trinity destroyed BA and Ensworth last year...and they didn't even make the 6a title game.

bowling green is ok but they have the most home cooking of any team in KY by far.... what other teams come tomcod?

On the whole I think Kentucky and Tennessee compare very favorably going one for one.

If you take a strong KY team and move them to Tennessee I think they remain the same strong team. A great KY team is a great TN team. A good KY team is a good TN team. A bad is a bad,,, an awful is an awful.

The difference is there are just more of each in TN. You take Mayfield in 2A, and Milan fans will attest, they would also dominate 2A in TN most years. You take Pikeville and they would be a very good 1A TN team.. but the difference is there may be 3 or 4 teams like Pikeville in KY but TN may have 5 or 6.

Newport Central Catholic would be a very strong 2A team in TN, once again there may be 7-8 small schools comparable to NewCath in KY but there may be 10-12 in TN. If you are talking about truly elite programs that can compete Nationally Kentucky only has maybe 4-5... whereas Tennessee may have 7-8

Going by classes though I would compare all of these teams toward their equivalent in Tenn:

1A: Beechwood (elite histroically), Pikeville

2A: Mayfield, Danville (historically), DeSales, NewCath

3A: Belfry, Louisville Central, Lexington Catholic, Boyle County (historically)

4A: South Warren (new program), Johnson Central (over the past 10 years)

5A: Bowling Green, Ft. Thomas Highlands (historically an elite program), Pulaski County (recent), Covington Catholic

6A: Male, Trinity, X (Historically), Scott County, Simon Kenton (recently)

Edited by ATLCat

Highlands...Ft. Campbell had a good run. Warren Central won a title last year. Mayfield has won numerous titles....won last year.

Paducah Tilghman had probably the best high school team I've ever seen. They beat BA & Oak Ridge on the road when both won TN titles. Highlands has been loaded with SEC talent over the years. I think TN football is a little better...but at the top...KY may be a little better. Trinity destroyed BA and Ensworth last year...and they didn't even make the 6a title game.

lol they didn't destroy BA get your facts straight the 31-13 score doesn't show how close the game was... it was 17-13 with 8 min left..  BA had 5 turnovers and rotated qbs all night.. besides the point at the top the teams are equal but especially in the middle TN is way more dominant as a whole 

lol they didn't destroy BA get your facts straight the 31-13 score doesn't show how close the game was... it was 17-13 with 8 min left..  BA had 5 turnovers and rotated qbs all night.. besides the point at the top the teams are equal but especially in the middle TN is way more dominant as a whole

Yeah...it was an 18 point squeaker...lol. If it wasn't for that pesky scoreboard.

I don't think they can move up either. They have to play in their enrollment class.

You can petition to play up but not down

Fort Thomas Highlands played up for a long time...now that their legendary coach is retired and their talent pool is down they are feeling a little blue though.

Cooper in NKY is playing up in 6A citing geography and natural rivalries. Most thought they were doing it to escape having Highlands/Covington Catholic in their playoff path. Well wouldn't you know Cooper has been up and those two down. Had Cooper stayed in 5A they probably would have went to the State Finals last year and possibly this year.