Knoxville Catholic vs. Belfry, KY

ATLCat

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Kentucky just has smaller schools as a whole because 699 is 4a in TN if I'm not mistaken..

Not sure if it just smaller schools or just fewer schools. 

Kentucky only has 221 schools with football teams. I think Tennessee is in the 300's.

I honestly am not a fan of six classes in Kentucky... until 2007 it was a 4 class system and most wish we could go back to that.

As I said previously, that is where Tennessee and KY football differs the most. The quality of play and quality of teams are very much similar, it is just Tennessee has more of everything because they have more population and more schools.

Louisville= Nashville

Lexington= Knoxville

Northern Kentucky (around Cincy)= Chattanooga

Bowling Green= Murfreesboro

Memphis is the outlier that makes a difference as well as some of these other small cities in Tennessee like the Tri-Cities area, Clarksville, etc

So Kentucky just has smaller schools as a whole because 699 is 4a in TN if I'm not mistaken..

That's just the males at the schools is 699. If you have half female and half male like most public schools that's 1399 for the entire highschool. So both states are about the same when it comes to size and class. Belfry would be a 3A Tn with its 380 male population and the entire high schools with around 760 I would say.

That's just the males at the schools is 699. If you have half female and half male like most public schools that's 1399 for the entire highschool. So both states are about the same when it comes to size and class. Belfry would be a 3A Tn with its 380 male population and the entire high schools with around 760 I would say.

Okay that makes sense...

Congrats on the big win Irish!

Belfry has to play tonight against their cross county rivals and defending 1A State Champions Pikeville. I anticipate Belfry winning though.

This should be a war between two very good small schools!

Belfry is the 3 Time Defending Class 3A State Champs from Kentucky and defeated Catholic 38-14 last year at Belfry.

Belfry returned 9 starters from last year's team including 4 players with D-1 Offers in some capacity.

Are you coming to the game Friday?

Lol get your facts right before you try and knock another team... They didn't get demolished... Unlike your owls this upcoming Friday

Sure...hope we can keep it within the 18 point squeaker range. Do we have to count the whole game...or just 40 or so minutes?

Edited by Antwan

The latest enrollment numbers for 15/16 school year for Belfry is total enrollment = 634, male enrollment = 338

Edited by pondcreek

Seems as if the school has gotten smaller since 2011 when it said yall had 800 students. Belfry with 634 would still be a 3a school

You are right, the enrollment is shrinking because of a loss of coal jobs in the area, people are moving away.

In 2010/2011 the enrollment was listed as 769, male enrollment was 387