SCOTTS HILL TRAVELS TO RIVERSIDE

tradertwo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotts Hill got started early with a 14-0 lead. Looked to be a lot faster than Riverside, and controlled the line of scrimmage throughout the first quarter. Riverside had one called back that would have made it 14-7. The Hill got the ball back and scored making it 21-0. Riverside didn't panic and kept playing defense and as the 2nd quarter moved along, slowly but surely the Panthers started moving the ball. All of a sudden Scotts Hill didn't look invincible, had a few limping around and several that began to look winded, with their hands on their hips. Riverside scored, got the ball back and scored again with very little time remaining before halftime. 2nd half all Riverside except one good run back by the Lions. Throughout the second half Riverside's defense looked better and better and the offense could move the ball against the Lions with a mix of quarterback runs and passes. I was most impressed with numbers 14, 5, and 4 for Scotts Hill. They are extremely good football players. On the RiverRat side of the ball, several players had the best game of their career. It looks like Coach Frost has them moving in the right direction. What I liked best was, they didn't give up or panic when they were down 0-21 early in the 2nd quarter. They look like a team that can make it to the playoffs and possibly surprise someone - again.  

what happened?

reitz fan was right. Biggest test Scott hill has had. Riverside showed a lot of resolve tonight. Don't mean to highlight one player it was a team effort. But smith put the team on his shoulders tonight. Besides his rushing his presence n the pocket is great. He and Roach have combined for almost 400 yards last two games. Not being negative towards the hill but they played a little rattled after rhs scored twice before the half. I'm sure they r not through. Very talented team. Rhs starting to believe. Watch out for them

Congrats to Riverside. I was dead wrong on my prediction. I knew they had a shot with Drake Smith leading the way but I had my doubts because SH seemed to be rolling. Good luck to Riverside and hope you win your Region. I'm headed your way this morning to winterize our boat. Great people in Decatur Co! We love the food!!

That's what you get with a rivalry game...throw the records (and predictions) out and tighten your chinstrap. Smith is no doubt a great QB, and he and Roach are a deadly combination. I think that Scotts Hill thought that it was in hand at 21-0, and that was a mistake...once momentum turns it's hard to get it back, especially on the road. Couldn't make the game so I can't give a "what happened" editorial, but 38320's summary sounds right to me. All that we can do now is look forward, learn from this game, and let the chips fall. Congrat's to Riverside...they were more determined to win last night and deserved it.

That's what you get with a rivalry game...throw the records (and predictions) out and tighten your chinstrap. Smith is no doubt a great QB, and he and Roach are a deadly combination. I think that Scotts Hill thought that it was in hand at 21-0, and that was a mistake...once momentum turns it's hard to get it back, especially on the road. Couldn't make the game so I can't give a "what happened" editorial, but 38320's summary sounds right to me. All that we can do now is look forward, learn from this game, and let the chips fall. Congrat's to Riverside...they were more determined to win last night and deserved it.

your right on all your assumptions trader. Thank you for the compliments. I'm sure the hill isn't through by no means. Good luck rest of the way

your right on all your assumptions trader. Thank you for the compliments. I'm sure the hill isn't through by no means. Good luck rest of the way

And I doubt that Riverside is through either. Don't like losing to anyone, especially a region opponent...could be that it makes both teams a tougher out come playoff time though.

Not trying to say that Scotts Hill gave the game away at all if it sounds that way...just that you'd better expect everyone's A game every time you step on the field.

I think that is one of the things I like best about high school football. At the end of the day it is only 11 men getting after 11 men. Even though one team is traditionally better, or has a better record for that given year, either team can win. (In most cases but not all.) Riverside has been under the radar all season; not much talk on Coach T - hardly no press out of Jackson. Their three losses were to good teams: Wayne Co., Lexington, and at Lewis Co. (How many decent teams have been totally run out of the stadium in Lewis Co. over the past twenty years?) I'm just getting ready for the playoffs now - and I too, think Scotts Hill and Riverside could show up and upset someone at that time.