Anderson co vs. Knox catholic

hogdogger

What kind of odd jobs do they do? Do they just offer that to football players that will only help the team win or is it anyone that wants to go to Catholic?

Not just for football players and is theoretically open to any Catholic students. It's not just random "odd jobs". Also the credit earned has to be in line with market costs for the work. It's not like you could pay the student or parent $10K for emptying the trash occasionally. Most of it that I'm of aware of has consisted of janitorial and landscaping type work. I know some schools have used it for building updates like painting, etc.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just for football players and is theoretically open to any Catholic students. It's not just random "odd jobs". Also the credit earned has to be in line with market costs for the work. It's not like you could pay the student or parent $10K for emptying the trash occasionally. Most of it that I'm of aware of has consisted of janitorial and landscaping type work. I know some schools have used it for building updates like painting, etc.

It will be interesting to see what Catholic does. I would hate to see kids that have been going to Catholic having to leave because parents not having enough money to keep kids in school that wont be getting the help.

what about the parents of football players doing those odd jobs for tuition breaks .. will that have to stop and if so will that affect any kids in your opinion as far not being able to afford tuition ..

The school only gives tuition breaks if a family has more then one child in the school the more kids you have the more of break you get.  To my knowledge athletes don't get a "break" they still pay the full amount.  If they get any aid of any kind they are not allowed to play varsity sports.

The school only gives tuition breaks if a family has more then one child in the school the more kids you have the more of break you get.  To my knowledge athletes don't get a "break" they still pay the full amount.  If they get any aid of any kind they are not allowed to play varsity sports.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go.... Jump to 5A or go to Private leauge.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go.... Jump to 5A or go to Private leauge.

I'm pretty well connected to Catholic and don't have a clue. They are weighing their options pretty heavily.

If we do go private and are allowed to recruit...I think other schools in the area will not be happy with the outcome. It may make it even tougher to schedule games.