Future of Grundy County

allblack

And Mr. Player, I remember him taking up for you when nobody else (myself included) would. So make a post with big words about that. Board members are posting on here and they have agenda. Majority of the statememts contain fabrication. Jasper boycotted grundy, tate said we wont play marion teams until that stops. What do you expect jasper and sp posters to say about him. Yes they lost, but who should they have beaten? Not teams that they lost leads to in 4th quarter, because they had no business in those games. Who should they have beat? Yes I hope he leaves.

We hope you leave as well. Kids deserve to win in life and on the field.

I guess everybody is right. Tate should have won 5-6 games a year. He was purposely running kids off, he does some type of horrible things and tells kids to quit. The whole team is going to quit if he continues to coach. Be afraid be afraid. SMH. I hope he does leave. Yall be winning games in mo time.

Winning games in mo/no time? We will with a quality coach.

I guess everybody is right. Tate should won 5-6 games a year. He was purposely running kids off, he does some type of horrible things and tells kids to quit. The whole team is going to quit if he continues to coach. Be afraid be afraid. SMH. I hope he does leave. Yall be winning games in mo time.

Burn the place to the ground. Lol I know for fact Marion county schools told coach they were not playing Grundy due to the trouble over the player they tried to get. Now I'm sorry that your county government and state representative hasn't done there job out there. No new business no new people no more kids. Not every boy is cutout for football. And yes a easy team to build up your team is a good thing. You folks would raise cane if God was your head football coach.

Burn the place to the ground. Lol I know for fact Marion county schools told coach they were not playing Grundy due to the trouble over the player they tried to get. Now I'm sorry that your county government and state representative hasn't done there job out there. No new business no new people no more kids. Not every boy is cutout for football. And yes a easy team to build up your team is a good thing. You folks would raise cane if God was your head football coach.

I THOUGHT HE WAS OUR COACH!!! Well at least he thinks he is.

Edited by BrownBag

I really don't care about the opinion of a man who doesn't have the courage to admit who he is online but has the audacity to tell people they should go talk to the Head Coaches face.

^^^^^ this again, to the first part of what you said...

Plus++++, Jodi Hargis's assessment was right, this team was 10-15 plays from being a 4-6/ 5-5 football team. Your assessment is those 10-15 plays didn't go our way because of talent, mine is we lost those plays because we weren't adequately prepared. My assessment is backed up by the players testimony, they didn't spend an adequate amount of time practicing 2 minute drill, they didn't spend time adequately practicing all parts and potential scenarios in special teams, situational football was almost nonexistent(added to the things I've already said). Also noted I picked Grundy in every game I thought they should win, and said they should win them.

All that aside, Coach, I still hope you win your next game......

Edited by Grundyplayer

I don't think the board holds December meetings anymore, so it would be in January. Many people couldn't attend the meeting due to Big 8 and the folks will not miss that. I will be glad when I can go to these meetings and publicly acknowledge who I am. I have a family member still in the system and he cries every time I bring it up. He's a grown boy, but scared of the repercussions it will be on him. Here is my take on the dealings: You know how political everything is that's what needs to stop. Remember that's how the current head coach got football coach he under cut the Bryant's and when the previous girls basketball coach was head basketball coach they told her she wasn't going anywhere (according to her dad) during the season then not to long after that they are hunting someone to be the girls coach. That's why things are like they are here it's all for a buddy not something that's done to benefit the kids.

I have no dog in this fight, I live in middle Tennessee. But, this thread always comes to the top in 3A.

Why would you continue to schedule teams that beat you 45-0? The kids probably have no confidence, and constantly hear it.

This is just an objective question, not taking sides. Does Grundy has the talent to compete with a South Pitt right now, or is it just tradition?

Every team in the schedule has a better record than Grundy. In the history of Grundy county football they've had maybe 15 winning seasons. Grundy won't win 7 or 8 games next year. They'll be lucky to win 5