Cordova has been turned in for recruiting violations

ExFootballCoach

For the record, this information was told to me by someone connected to the TSSAA. This was much more than rumor, but I doubt anything will happen. The whole state knows Memphis is outlaw and everyone recruits.

If TSSAA is aware that rules are being broken then why would they ignore it? Sounds like you should mad at the TSSAA and not Memphis since they're allegedly aware of and allowing all this cheating everyone down here is doing. Build that wall, no outlaws allowed...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player CANNOT live with a coach and be eligible. Conveniently, he happens to be a good player...shocker.

They do have kids that were starters at other schools playing for them. WS and CHS definitely turned them in for those kids, there is no question.

The OL has played at THREE different schools in three years. How can he possibly be eligible? Especially, coming from private to public.

The basketball kid absolutely was not enrolled at Cordova, was NOT eligible and the principal absolutely told him to NOT play the said player.

Believe what you want. Color has nothing to do with it. Right and wrong, just play with your kids, don't contact other kids, which they did last summer trying to get the three best player from Bartlett to transfer for football.

Lol the Bartlett kids were not contacted by a coach that is what one player was saying along with him being "recruited " by east and whitehaven which was all false. And apparently you have never heard of financial hardships which are hard to come by and the only way a player can go from private to public but once again every claim made is false and Cordova will not turn a player away that has moved to our district and is deemed eligible by Tssaa and every kid has been ruled eligible and I never said kids that transferred were not starting but the majority of our starters have been there three years and guess what we have other transfers that don't play and believe it or not parents do move from year to year based on many factors but for you to assume Cordova is cheating is biased without knowledge of the facts but white station has done everything they could to keep this young man from playing and he was prepared to sit out the year if that's what Tssaa deemed necessary because they are the law makers and that's who we need to abide by and Collierville doesn't even have a dog in this fight?

Apparently, Cordova High School has been turned in by White Station, Collierville, Bartlett, Germantown, and St. Benedict for illegal players.  The starting offensive tackle played for Germantown as a freshman, St. Benedict as a sophomore, and now he is a starter for Cordova.  How can a kid play at three different schools in three years and be eligible?  CHS also has two kids who were starters for White Station last year and they are both starting for Cordova, plus one of those kids is LIVING with an assistant coach so he will be in the district.  Another starter from Collierville is currently playing for Cordova as well.  Two starters from last years Bartlett Panthers have also transferred to Cordova and are contributing.  According to multiple sources, there might be as many as 10 to 12 kids playing for Cordova who are not eligible or at least people are wondering how they could possibly be eligible.  I've always been under the impression that a player could not live with a coach and be eligible, but I guess his mother doesn't care.  I'm sure the Cordova staff probably takes in all kinds of kids who need a place to stay.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that these kids can ball out the frame!!!  Does anyone do things the right way anymore or are all these "coaches" unable to develop kids so they need to recruit talent in order to win!  Don't even get me started about the basketball program.  Scales is as shady as they come.  He has been picking up kids from all over the city and bringing them to school ever since he got to Cordova.  The principal told him to not play a kid in the state championship  last year, but he did anyway, even though he knew the kid wasn't even enrolled at CHS.  So tired of all the cheating in Memphis, the whole city is outlaw, including precious whitehaven, ridgeway, white station, and all the other "power programs."

Wow it's funny how people lie or talk about things they have no idea about.  Cordova has done everything by the rules.  But I totally understand here is a black school with a black female heading the school with a young black coach.  We are not cheating here at Cordova and i look forward to playing your school trust me we know what school you are from...God has this team and we will be fine.  

A player CANNOT live with a coach and be eligible.  Conveniently, he happens to be a good player...shocker.

They do have kids that were starters at other schools playing for them.  WS and CHS definitely turned them in for those kids, there is no question.

The OL has played at THREE different schools in three years.  How can he possibly be eligible?  Especially, coming from private to public.

The basketball kid absolutely was not enrolled at Cordova, was NOT eligible and the principal absolutely told him to NOT play the said player.

Believe what you want.  Color has nothing to do with it.  Right and wrong, just play with your kids, don't contact other kids, which they did last summer trying to get the three best player from Bartlett to transfer for football.  

Wow are you serious really....Where are you getting your info from really....Color has everything to do with this.....Get your info correct....

For the record, this information was told to me by someone connected to the TSSAA.  This was much more than rumor, but I doubt anything will happen.  The whole state knows Memphis is outlaw and everyone recruits.

Lie is nothing for you to tell I see.....I doubt TSSAA would give a person like you that information...

Wow are you serious really....Where are you getting your info from really....Color has everything to do with this.....Get your info correct....

Welcome to the 'T' Poet21.  It took an accusation against your school to get you to come out of the woodwork ... but you are in the house! I'm encouraging you to participate in the threads as we discuss the up and coming games. We NEED more voices on the 'T', Currently, there isn't anyone who comes into this forum on a regular basis that represents Cordova. Come on and be part of the growing Memphis area voices on the 'T' in the high school football forum. We need to hear from you.

Lol the Bartlett kids were not contacted by a coach that is what one player was saying along with him being "recruited " by east and whitehaven which was all false. And apparently you have never heard of financial hardships which are hard to come by and the only way a player can go from private to public but once again every claim made is false and Cordova will not turn a player away that has moved to our district and is deemed eligible by Tssaa and every kid has been ruled eligible and I never said kids that transferred were not starting but the majority of our starters have been there three years and guess what we have other transfers that don't play and believe it or not parents do move from year to year based on many factors but for you to assume Cordova is cheating is biased without knowledge of the facts but white station has done everything they could to keep this young man from playing and he was prepared to sit out the year if that's what Tssaa deemed necessary because they are the law makers and that's who we need to abide by and Collierville doesn't even have a dog in this fight?

Cordova901:

We need your voice on the 'T' as well. This area of the state doesn't have nearly enough voices in the football forum. I'm looking forward to seeing you and your other Cordva colleague participating in the discussions conerning the local area football teams.