Bradley Central Hosts Dobyns-Bennett

alt1958

This game outside of Maryville scares me the most. I know DB is a really good team. We just got to play mistake free football. If that can be done with this team this year. Remains to be seen. Are you coming down?

Working,I figured the first response would be someone saying I left an extra t in " but." ..IT was all I could do to walk into J Fred last week.I Really like a lot of the kids and their parents , wish things had worked out differently and the whole beginning bunch could have had an undefeated state run this year.DB has plenty of fine athletes and so does Bradley, that's why the games are played.

Edited by BatmanDB

From what I have seen BC has a team of athletes that can compete with most if not all the teams in the state of TN. They still have a chance to win the District even with a loss this Friday, and a win over Maryville. This however is a critical game for both teams because the winner will become the front runner for the #2 spot and it is important to be in the top 2 due to all the teams in Middle TN being extremely competitive outside the bottom 2! DB will have to score points and play with composure, because BC will score points, but tend to lose control of their emotions from time to time. BC is a good football team but Dobyns Bennett is getting better and is a big game away from becoming a good football team as well! This could be the best game in the state this Friday! Both Teams will be coming to play!

I think DB uses their best skill players on offense to control the clock.Same thing as last week without  poor decisions like passing deep in their own territory with seconds left in first half. DB was only down by 7 and moving the ball on the ground and going to get the ball first in the 3rd.If your going to try and match  GQ,pick an on-side kick when you have momentum and kicking off in their territory after a 15 yard penalty against Maryville.Whats a few yards when Maryville is taking down the field most times anyway.The DB players are more then capable of doing their part against most teams .

This won't help against BC but good things are in store for the Tribe:

http://www.timesnews.net/Sports/2016/10/05/Sevier-claims-city-Middle-7-football-titles.html?ci=stream&lp=2&p=

Sevier claims city, Middle 7 football titles

JIMMY MOORE, TriCitiesSports.com • Today at 1:09 AM

KINGSPORT — The scoreboard showed John Sevier (7-1) with a season-capping, 21-15 victory over Robinson (4-3) in the city and Middle 7 Conference championships, but the big winner Tuesday night was the future of Dobyns-Bennett football.

Don't forget about Colonial Heights Middle just a few miles down the road.  They are 9-0 right now after beating a Greenville middle school last night in the tournament. DB should add a few more players from there wouldn't ya think.

Don't forget about Colonial Heights Middle just a few miles down the road.  They are 9-0 right now after beating a Greenville middle school last night in the tournament. DB should add a few more players from there wouldn't ya think.

I read stories all the time about people that win millions on the Lottery and end up broke.