Bradley Central Hosts Dobyns-Bennett

alt1958

A few weeks ago I watch BC absolutely destroy Science Hill.

DB's defense, especially the 2ndary, is going to have to play a lights out game to control BC.

The defensive ends have to play contain and not let Copeland get around them.

And somebody in the middle is going to have to get in the backfield, you give him time and he will pick you apart in a heartbeat.

And just when you think you have Copeland cornered he burns you.... badly..... running or passing, pick your poison.....

About the only flaw I saw with BC is extra points, as in they can't kick one. Not sure if that will matter but in a close game that can be the difference. Also they did not seem to have a lot of depth, but that could have just been the Science Hill game.

Our kicker has his moments. Can't kick an XP, but can kick a 43 yard FG or longer. He is a sophomore and first year starter. He misses some, but hits most.

Depth, we have some. Not 2-3 deep like most schools says they have. If we are lucky, starting WR Nick will be back this Friday. That will help a ton. Our WR group may be a lot better than it was last year. Also, we have been fortunate to have quite a few blow outs to help give the backups a lot of reps. They still held their own to allow 0 points or just a TD. We will be missing starting LB Hedrick. That's a major hurt.

This game last year, Copeland had the game of his life. Tied and broke a record for this team. Hope it's the same this year.

We don't know what team will show up from DB Friday. Will it be the team that gave Maryville fits or the team that lost to WB? Really hope it's the team that lost to WB lol, but it looks like DB has been getting better each week. Scared of this game. Hope the coaches been doing their homework this week.

Our kicker has his moments. Can't kick an XP, but can kick a 43 yard FG or longer. He is a sophomore and first year starter. He misses some, but hits most.

Depth, we have some. Not 2-3 deep like most schools says they have. If we are lucky, starting WR Nick will be back this Friday. That will help a ton. Our WR group may be a lot better than it was last year. Also, we have been fortunate to have quite a few blow outs to help give the backups a lot of reps. They still held their own to allow 0 points or just a TD. We will be missing starting LB Hedrick. That's a major hurt.

This game last year, Copeland had the game of his life. Tied and broke a record for this team. Hope it's the same this year.

We don't know what team will show up from DB Friday. Will it be the team that gave Maryville fits or the team that lost to WB? Really hope it's the team that lost to WB lol, but it looks like DB has been getting better each week. Scared of this game. Hope the coaches been doing their homework this week.

If you look at our place kicking (extra points in particular) the last 2 -3 weeks it has improved immensely. I think they have got some things worked out and a new kicking coach has already made a difference.

Nick Howell, who was the punter and wide receiver was lost to a broken collar bone. He MAY be back to punt this week, but I doubt he will play WR. Dylan Standifer has stepped in and done a great job in both departments.

The thing is so far this year, Bradley has had players not expected to have to do it, step up and get the job done. This is going to be an interesting game no doubt.

If DB can pressure and contain Copeland it will be a close game. DB does have a good D-line and backers. If they can't bring pressure and contain then look for Copeland to have a 400-500yrd passing night. It's pretty much just pitch and catch against DB's secondary.

Eye down't no whut two thaink abowt this gaim......Butt Corch Graham sed... "they will be fine from here on"...after tha Mairvul gaim....... :popcorneater:

Ha,some say that was also said a week ago! It's alright to be confident from here on out because this team at DB was supposed to be good,but a kid learns the first time you say a Maryville fire won't burn you.Most knew it would take a well played and well coached game with a little help from the Rebels.The Kool-aid was a foot deep last week. Edited by BatmanDB

If DB can pressure and contain Copeland it will be a close game. DB does have a good D-line and backers. If they can't bring pressure and contain then look for Copeland to have a 400-500yrd passing night. It's pretty much just pitch and catch against DB's secondary.

Waco eye wood thaink long, time eatin' drives wood hep D-B az much az ennythang...Thay runned tha klock down a lott Fridee nite agin Mairvul....(sumtimes two much)....Frum my unxpurt opinyun looks like BC iz bettur on D more thain ennythang thiz yeer....(Maybee alt orr DCA cain clarify)

Copeland iz so good...He weal git most ov hiz....imo.... :popcorneater:

Waco eye wood thaink long, time eatin' drives wood hep D-B az much az ennythang...Thay runned tha klock down a lott Fridee nite agin Mairvul....(sumtimes two much)....Frum my unxpurt opinyun looks like BC iz bettur on D more thain ennythang thiz yeer....(Maybee alt orr DCA cain clarify)

Defense has been really good. Maybe better than our offense. WV scored 28 on us. Most all year and couple of those scores probably shouldn't have happened. There on out, it's bout been lights out until the end when we start playing reserves. You can't tell bout this team till they step on the field.

Offense we are avg 30+ points a game. And that is WITHOUT Copeland having to sling it play after play and not depending on him for most the game. It hurt losing our starting RB for the year, but we still have a good, decent run game for the most part. Copeland doesn't run like he did. Don't get me wrong, you don't spy or keep him in the pocket than he will turn the jets on and poof, be gone! But I would say the defense is better than the offense for the most part. That being said, I do believe DB will be by far the best offense we have seen all year, so let's see what this defense can actually do.

Bradley switched from the 4-3 to the 3-4 last year and was decent. The DC left to take the HC job at Chattanooga Central, and Coach Floyd took over calling the defense this year. Although smaller than most all teams we play they have made up for it with aggressiveness and speed. Pleasant surprise at how well they have played and I agree with DCA, this may be the overall best unit.

But since the defense has played so well the offense has been spreading the ball around more and not depending on Copeland to do it all, which makes the offense much more dangerous in my opinion. You can't just spy and key on Copeland cause if you do the RB's and WR's will kill you. And then if you get pressure on Copeland he can really burn you improvising or running. It's almost been pick your poison this year so far.

Bradley in general is simply better everywhere this year, so it's really hard to point at any one area as best in my opinion.

This won't help against BC but good things are in store for the Tribe:

http://www.timesnews.net/Sports/2016/10/05/Sevier-claims-city-Middle-7-football-titles.html?ci=stream&lp=2&p=

Sevier claims city, Middle 7 football titles

JIMMY MOORE, TriCitiesSports.com • Today at 1:09 AM

KINGSPORT — The scoreboard showed John Sevier (7-1) with a season-capping, 21-15 victory over Robinson (4-3) in the city and Middle 7 Conference championships, but the big winner Tuesday night was the future of Dobyns-Bennett football.

http://www.timesnews.net/Sports/2016/10/05/Sevier-claims-city-Middle-7-football-titles.html?ci=stream&lp=2&p=

KINGSPORT — The scoreboard showed John Sevier (7-1) with a season-capping, 21-15 victory over Robinson (4-3) in the city and Middle 7 Conference championships, but the big winner Tuesday night was the future of Dobyns-Bennett football.

I don't get it ?