Mr. Football Nominees List

BoardHater71

The two kids I have seen for Forrest that I think both deserve consideration are Wild and Jones for who should (today) be the #3 team in the state in 2A

Wild- 366 yds rushing (7.0 avg), 4 TDs rushing, 136 receiving (34.0 avg), 2 TDs receiving, 127 kickoff return yds (31.7 avg), 12 tackles, 2 sacks and a fumble recovery

Wild Stats

Jones- 334 yds rushing (9.5 avg), 3 TDs rushing,  30 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, 12 punts for 416 yds (34.7 avg), only allowing 7.0 avg return yards, also 7 punt returns for 189 yards with a long of 55 yards, an avg of 27 yards, and 2 TDs.  

Jones Stats 

Add to that the intangibles, these guys make huge plays when it matters and are both a big reason this team beat Watertown last Fri and why they are 7-0 and about to repeat as Region 4 -2A champs. 

So well-rounded, both these guys. 

Edited by Amerigha

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But 3 like that might give you a good shot at the real prize.

I agree with u on that. Those guys are pretty good and this coming from a wildcat supporter. I know Rice would pass on the award if he could get the ring instead. I believe those mustangs you mentioned would do the same. Lots of talented players out there across the state not just in the west.

I agree with u on that. Those guys are pretty good and this coming from a wildcat supporter. I know Rice would pass on the award if he could get the ring instead. I believe those mustangs you mentioned would do the same. Lots of talented players out there across the state not just in the west.

+1 but both would be nice! Edited by wildcat89

The Roberts kid from Greenback . He has carried the team all year ... I don't have his stats but Greenback would be 3 and 4 without him. All the qb has to do is throw it up and he goes and gets it or throw him a 5 yard pass and he takes it to the house or just hand it to him... He is the best player Greenback has had in years

Since you guys are all throwing some impressive and note worthy numbers out there I'll add a few for GB QB Hunter Willis. Don't know his stats to the exact # yet but he's thrown for around 800 yards and ran for 500+ yards on very limited carries. Hasn't played many 2nd halves. Have no idea how many tackles so I can true these numbers up ASAP. What I am most proud of is his character, attitude and academics.

4.16 GPA

27 ACT

Kid attends every church service and knows where his blessings come from.

I do know this is a football award and stats will win the award with these other qualities being tie breakers. There are others probably more worthy based on their numbers but I do think he is very worthy of All State if the season continues and we make another run. We have so many weapons and are not 1 dimensional so a fair amount of wealth gets shared. This will be of great importance down the line. Team prize is the #1 thing in his book!

The Roberts kid from Greenback . He has carried the team all year ... I don't have his stats but Greenback would be 3 and 4 without him. All the qb has to do is throw it up and he goes and gets it or throw him a 5 yard pass and he takes it to the house or just hand it to him... He is the best player Greenback has had in years

He can go up and get it but hasn't had to. Our QB puts it in his hands in stride and then he does the rest. Both do their jobs. Love Kayne Roberts but he doesn't need false props to get him anything. Taking nothing from him but we would still be where we are maybe just not as explosive. Then again we would probably pass more which would build up Willis stats but isn't the point to win ballgames? So we are balanced. Roberts is 1 of our go to receivers as well but he hasn't caught all 800 yards. Greenback will go as far as the TEAM aspect and recognition takes us. We ain't got time for nonsense.

He can go up and get it but hasn't had to. Our QB puts it in his hands in stride and then he does the rest. Both do their jobs. Love Kayne Roberts but he doesn't need false props to get him anything. Taking nothing from him but we would still be where we are maybe just not as explosive. Then again we would probably pass more which would build up Willis stats but isn't the point to win ballgames? So we are balanced. Roberts is 1 of our go to receivers as well but he hasn't caught all 800 yards. Greenback will go as far as the TEAM aspect and recognition takes us. We ain't got time for nonsense.

Bless you're heart.

you are an idiot