Mr. Football Nominees List

BoardHater71

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that could just pssoibly be why you cant find him til u get to bout 45 - 50 on the list of players outta TN on the those 2017 recruiting databases.....Booger sure that someone will respond quickly wiith a solid logical reason as to why 247, ESPN and those others dont know what the heck they r talking bout....

his stock is risin little by little; but thinkin thers not nuff time to surpass the likes of Hiigins, Stevens, Richardson or even his own Teammate 

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

that could just pssoibly be why you cant find him til u get to bout 45 - 50 on the list of players outta TN on the those 2017 recruiting databases.....Booger sure that someone will respond quickly wiith a solid logical reason as to why 247, ESPN and those others dont know what the heck they r talking bout....

his stock is risin little by little; but thinkin thers not nuff time to surpass the likes of Hiigins, Stevens, Richardson or even his own Teammate 

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Keep in mind he missed the first half of the season last year with a broken foot. Your JR. year is pretty critical in the rankings. They haven't lost a game in the year and a half he's been back and he is the key reason. He's not a combine type kid that is going to blow you away with 40 times etc. but he flat makes plays.

I said the most complete player not the best or highest ranked.  The players you listed above are pretty much position specific. Right now colleges aren't even sure which side of the ball he's the most effective on. His stats would be much more impressive if he wasn't splitting receptions with Rodgers, Blakely and Woods. Defensively he's a beast and will transition well into a strong safety or even LB at the next level. He's got TDs receiving, rushing, punt returns, kickoff returns and pick 6s...hence the complete player remark. 

I said the most complete player not the best or highest ranked. The players you listed above are pretty much position specific. Right now colleges aren't even sure which side of the ball he's the most effective on. His stats would be much more impressive if he wasn't splitting receptions with Rodgers, Blakely and Woods. Defensively he's a beast and will transition well into a strong safety or even LB at the next level. He's got TDs receiving, rushing, punt returns, kickoff returns and pick 6s...hence the complete player remark.

Clabough won defensive player of the year. He had all the TD's at all positions as well. He also had a TD pass to add... I'm guessing the NFL guy missed a bunch of Alcoa games last year?????

Might I add, he's also doing pretty good at the next level.ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Edited by Throwdeslant

Clabough won defensive player of the year. He had all the TD's at all positions as well. He also had a TD pass to add... I'm guessing the NFL guy missed a bunch of Alcoa games last year?????

I'm sure he did miss them. Did Clabough have a kickoff and punt return for TDs?

I was talking with a former Alcoa player last night at the gym and he thought Tallent was a better all around player than Cobb. I don't remember him but it would be easy to get overshadowed playing with Cobb, Warren, Sommers, Sykes, et al.

Lester Whitted was probably the most gifted all around football player to come out of east TN in the last 30 yrs. Leroy Thompson from AE and Todd Collins from Jeff Co would be in a close competition with Whitted. Any of the three would be a great choice.

An argument can be made for Chase K. being the best all round in the last 20. You have to look at players like Cobb, H. Smith, Brandon Warren, Aaron Douglas and see how he stacks up.