8-AA 2016-17

Iceman2000

JPC was railroaded in Dekalb. Heck of a coach. Is at ole miss now, guess that's a pretty big leap for someone who had teams that lack toughness. Those girls gave 110% for him and nobody on this forum can argue that. He was an "outsider" who the local boys didn't like him. Coach Martin is now on the chopping block because of his "toughness"... 🙄

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JPC was railroaded in Dekalb. Heck of a coach. Is at ole miss now, guess that's a pretty big leap for someone who had teams that lack toughness. Those girls gave 110% for him and nobody on this forum can argue that. He was an "outsider" who the local boys didn't like him. Coach Martin is now on the chopping block because of his "toughness"...

Danny Fish is the Dekalb girls coach.

I'm aware Danny is the coach at DCHS, I was just speaking of the political game they seem to be playing there. If I'm not mistaken the same powers that be that ousted Cope is on the boys coach Martin now.

Who would want to coach for this county?  They railroaded Joe Pat over AAU and now Coach Martin because little "johnny" got his feeling hurt in practice?  I say let this moron coach them all over there...

Cope was the real deal. I will back Coach Fish, but Cope was a real good coach. Their is a big difference between the two. Fish is very vanilla in his approach and the district is alot weaker than past years. That was the worst Warren Co girls basketball team I've ever seen, we barley escaped last night. Outscored them 10-2 to end the game. I truly believe that if Warren Co was coached better they have the parts to he successful. But getting back to point Fish is no Cope. Let's move on. You are correct the same board member that got Cope is after Martin, heck i don't know why he came back last night after dealing with all this . His team is not very talented and have no team IQ. Oh well he must care more than i would.

Edited by Iceman2000

Iceman, you are correct. Fish is definitely not a Cope, not even in the same league. Oh well Cope is gone, Fish has the reigns and I wish them all the best. Now on to WC.. they are absolutely pitiful. They have talent and pure shooters, a 6'3 and 6'0 and that are not utilized at all. Panter is not a coach, not at the high school level anyway. It's been told she was a great player, I don't know, she didn't play at warren county. But just because you can play the game doesn't mean you can coach it. There is a big difference between the two. But just like Dekalb, WC is run by the politics.. in the case of WC, when you're best friends with the AD and his wife you get to coach whether you win or lose.

Well i was pretty spot on the first time the news broke that Martin was suspended. First hand news last night said Jimmy Poss, Dub Evans and the Johnson kids parents went to Superintendent to tell him the coach needed to tone down and quit yelling at their kids. Lol, i know this is kinda funny but the truth. So Superintendent hands down a 3 game suspension because Evans is the main board member and runs the show. We'll to my understanding that's the truth, wow don't know how people coach in Dekalb. Lots of politics and soft kids. Hopefully this all plays out for the good.

• 4 weeks later...