8-AA 2016-17

Iceman2000

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for me Upperman is at the top until someone beats them. They have the best player in the district and one of the best in the state. I expect LA to be tough but don't know enough about what the rest lost to say how the district will play out. Have to wait for play date to get an idea.

1. Upperman

2. Livingston Academy

3. Smith County

4. Central Magnet

5. Macon County

6. York Institute

7. Cannon County

8. Dekalb County

I literally have no clue about CM. I think UHS is clearly the best team in the district, but will be surprised if they get through the district without an upset loss. I would not be surprised to see LA knock them off in the tourney at least once. LA has some kids that can definitely play and can score, but will have to see how they replace Lamb. I think UHS has a harder time replacing Medley, Eldridge and Farris than they think they will have. Smith County returns the majority and I suspect they may beat LA at least once, but not sure they have the horses to run with UHS. Not sure about CM. Macon will be in the running for 4th if Magnet doesn't have a solid group. Macon will be younnnggggg though, playing mostly freshman I suppose. York institute has two of the better players in this district, but it's a mess up there and I could see them finishing bottom of the district before it is all said and done (even with a couple of the better players in the district). I know nothing about Cannon county, so they could be better than I have them picked. Dekalb has the potential to move up the list, but it will depend on how they adapt to their third coach in the last six months. They are mostly young as well, so I can see them getting better as the year goes on if they adapt well to the new coach. Good luck to all the 8AA teams this year. 

1. Upperman

2. Livingston Academy

3. Smith County

4. Central Magnet

5. Macon County

6. York Institute

7. Cannon County

8. Dekalb County

I literally have no clue about CM. I think UHS is clearly the best team in the district, but will be surprised if they get through the district without an upset loss. I would not be surprised to see LA knock them off in the tourney at least once. LA has some kids that can definitely play and can score, but will have to see how they replace Lamb. I think UHS has a harder time replacing Medley, Eldridge and Farris than they think they will have. Smith County returns the majority and I suspect they may beat LA at least once, but not sure they have the horses to run with UHS. Not sure about CM. Macon will be in the running for 4th if Magnet doesn't have a solid group. Macon will be younnnggggg though, playing mostly freshman I suppose. York institute has two of the better players in this district, but it's a mess up there and I could see them finishing bottom of the district before it is all said and done (even with a couple of the better players in the district). I know nothing about Cannon county, so they could be better than I have them picked. Dekalb has the potential to move up the list, but it will depend on how they adapt to their third coach in the last six months. They are mostly young as well, so I can see them getting better as the year goes on if they adapt well to the new coach. Good luck to all the 8AA teams this year. 

I believe you have picked the way I would have except CM. I believe they lost all there starters from last years team. York is a mess. Macon has 3 seniors and a load of talented freshman was what I was told. I saw a couple of Cannon girls play this summer and they will be middle of the pack. DeKalb .... Don't even know the coach I know Coach Agee has done a good job at the middle school . I figure middle of pack or lower... Smith has 5 seniors and all started but 1. Could end up second but hogeye is a thorn.  Livingston always slow at the start and gains the big mo during tournament time... Uhs . I can say Dana has done a good, no great job with her aau girls..... Levy is one of if not the best I have seen in a long time. Looking forward to a fun season. Hope everyone has a great time and injury free.

Edited by scatback

• 2 weeks later...

Jimbo, best players usually equal best records.

Player development is the reason for successful programs. It's too early to make solid predictions on a season. A very good indicator will happen Jan 3. Two miss basketball finalists, Jacobi Lynn vs  Akira Levi, meet in Baxter. Two successful coaches, Johnny Morgan and Dana McWilliams will be there too.  :popcorneater:  The second stanza is Jan 21 in Englewood. :popcorneater:  :popcorneater:

Edited by jimbo44

• 4 weeks later...