3A AP POLL Week 9

Booger

I think the problem with the AP guys is that they don't take in account strength of schedule. It's more standings than rankings. And I'm not saying that because I think CPA should be on any list. I'm fine not being ranked anywhere and seeing / showing what we have come the tournament :)

FWIW, unapproved website has CPA strength of schedule at 38.4, Sequatchie 1.7, Raleigh-Egypt 0.9, Elizabethton 0.4, Dyersburg 6.8, etc. Now, that does not show that CPA can beat any of these teams but rather the competition level does not compare at all.

CPA is 2-5 they shouldn't be considered for the top 20 let alone the top 10. They are moving to Div II to get away from Alcoa so they can win a state championship every year instead of 1 out of 10.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA is 2-5 they shouldn't be considered for the top 20 let alone the top 10. They are moving to Div II to get away from Alcoa so they can win a state championship every year instead of 1 out of 10.

that Championship just went to completely absent.....they will never make it outta mid Nashville....BA, Ensworth and Lipscomb are there

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

[retraction - high road taken] Why did you quote me? I did not say CPA should be listed in the top 10.

Edited by bcd

Class 3A

School Record Pts Prv

1. Alcoa (15) 6-1 150 1

2. Sequatchie Co. 7-0 124 2

3. CAK 7-1 117 3

4. Elizabethton 6-1 95 4

4. Stratford 8-0 95 5

6. Liberty Magnet 5-2 66 7

7. Raleigh Egypt 8-0 63 8

8. Milan 6-2 44 9

9. Notre Dame 5-2 28 10

10. Dyersburg 8-2 18 6

Others receiving 12 or more points: Fairview 16.

CPA cant b seen and that Squatchy dint jump Alcoee and stayd at 2....that ND team must b pretty badtoo....it is rather a parent that Bertier and the AP'ers just cant get on the same page

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

alcoa should be1st 2 through 10 hard to tell who should be where

CPA won't play with the big boys they will stay down and compete against the smaller schools like DCA,Friendship etc...[/quot]Well yeh. Their school is the same size as them. It would be stupid of them to Blaylock BA or MBA or ensworth. Would be like Alcoa losing to Maryville every year. No body can compete against those schools unless your the same size. heck Maryville couldn't even compete with ensworth in a scrimmage years back. If I'm correct Maryville's head coach said they were "humbled"

CPA won't play with the big boys they will stay down and compete against the smaller schools like DCA,Friendship etc...[/quot]Well yeh. Their school is the same size as them. It would be stupid of them to Blaylock BA or MBA or ensworth. Would be like Alcoa losing to Maryville every year. No body can compete against those schools unless your the same size. heck Maryville couldn't even compete with ensworth in a scrimmage years back. If I'm correct Maryville's head coach said they were "humbled"

Size doesn't matter when you're bringing in kids from everywhere. The numbers don't mean much. At least thisnway they will be legal :)