Antioch at Lebanon

steelcityroller

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a guy in the area that will put in for the job if it comes open that will do a great job and has a great relationship with all of the kids in Lebanon. This guy will do it the right way and get those kids out and keep kids from leaving LHS. I will keep his name quite out of respect for Coach Harp but IF the job comes open he will put in for it.

runtheball

Those in the know (once a blue debil always a debil group) will tell you that the hallowed halls of Lebanon are overflowing with talent...... a motherlode of strength and speed.

Funny story - In the last change; one of the leaders of "we need a new coach now" was doing this so his talented grandson could be nurtured to the true greatness that was surely lurking in the young man...........The granddad's DNA was a blueprint for football legacy, (*note - The grandad had never had played the game......but he had stayed in a Holiday Inn.)

Back to the story - The young man lasted less than 10 days!

Maybe you and the moonwink could team up, and right the Blue Debil ship

I think runtheball could do it. He knows the area well. That challenge would be keeping Lebanon kids at Lebanon.

Why get another old guy? Posters say it is a young man's job. Another old guy who does not know how to motivate or get the kids out is not the answer. Young blood is what is needed with a mind for modern day football. This is 2016, not the 80"s. We have already seen the results of an over the hill coach.

Edited by hardtackle

Why get another old guy? Posters say it is a young man's job. Another old guy who does not know how to motivate or get the kids out is not the answer. Young blood is what is needed with a mind for modern day football. This is 2016, not the 80"s.

There is a lot more to motivating players and X's and O's that come with being a HC. I can't even think of 3 younger coaches in Wilson county that have a clue of being a HC or having the experience.

what would a mt. juliet student have to do to attend lebanon? or vise versa. just wondering if it is as easy/same as metro.

Just from what I got digging on google so somebody else might be able to tell you otherwise.

(1) You must apply for a different school outside of your zone between February 1st and March 31st for the following school year. There are no exceptions to this unless there is a change in guardianship or zone residency.

(2) As long as there is space all requests will be approved.

(3) If there is not enough spaces for all requests then the spots are granted in the following order 

A - Students that are children of employees at Wilson County Schools.

B - Students who have siblings at the requested school.

C - A lottery system where students are chosen at random.

(4) Students that are athletes participating in TSSAA sports must have the written consent from the principal at both schools to request a transfer to a different zone.

(5) The student must meet the standards of attendance, conduct and academics in order to request a transfer.

From the WCS website

From what I read online (The Tennessean) the only schools that had openings to accept transfers for this school year were Carroll-Oakland Elementary, Watertown Elementary, Watertown Middle and Watertown High School.

thanks steelcity. don't sound like it is that easy.

I know my sister-in-law tried to transfer from Lebanon to Wilson Central about 3 years ago. They told her that they didn't have any openings.

A friend of mine his daughter tried to do the same from Lebanon to either Wilson Central or Mt. Juliet and they told her they didn't have any openings.

But I'm sure its one of those things were maybe certain circumstances are overlooked.