South Pittsburg vs Boyd Bucks (Grider against that Cardwell man)

Roy Dillard

I don't remember what film I was watching but you guys were up big and kneeled down a couple of times at mid field to either end the half or the game. Up by 30 plus and throw it with less than a few minutes inside the ten isn't a smack in the face?!? You know football Bass. Come on now. Be real.

You were seeing us against Lookout Valley. We were up by 50 points. There is a difference in 50 and 30. Also didn't he put in his JV defense and let you guys score? I will also again ask you the following. We rushed for around 250 and passed for about 50. Had you rather us run it again? Really?

This talk of running up the score is rediculous. If the Pirates left their starters in they could have cracked 60. The guy who caught the late touchdown is a sophomore who doesn't play a lot. When young players get into a game, I'm not big on run it 3 times up the gut and punt. Let them see what they can do. Once again, Greenevilles last 3 games they have won 231-0. Now that is high scoring.

Edited by powerp

You were seeing us against Lookout Valley. We were up by 50 points. There is a difference in 50 and 30. Also didn't he put in his JV defense and let you guys score? I will also again ask you the following. We rushed for around 250 and passed for about 50. Had you rather us run it again? Really?

You are correct. Jv vs jv at the end. I can be faulted for being too passionate at times, but no passion breeds mediocracy. I hate being mediocre, so quilty as charged! You said it right in an earlier post, we all know what the problem is. Good luck to you guys forward. Doesn't look like you'll need much though. Edited by BoydBucFan

You are correct. Jv vs jv at the end. I can be faulted for being too passionate at times, but no passion breeds mediocracy. I hate being mediocre, so quilty as charged! You said it right in an earlier post, we all know what the problem is. Good luck to you guys forward. Doesn't look like you'll need much though.

There is another good team in the east and the west is an entirely different animal.

South Pittsburg is one of the better public schools in the area right now as far as academics go. We have had our share of doctors, lawyers, accountants and such as well. I won't hold this statement against you, but enough of the classless comments against our coach.

The last time I looked I was a university professor.

I recall a couple times SP put up 50 on Boyd.   Anyone know when the first match up was?   1991?   Prior to 1991 Boyd was in our district but was playing a non-district schedule.  Anyone?  

1995  SP 56 - 6

1992  SP 60 - 6

We played them in the late 70s and off and on through the 80s.  I think we beat them 55-0 in 1980 or 1978.

To clarify I don't think either of these schools are coached dirty. Some kids may act that way from time to time but I don't think it's part of either program.

I still think it's up to the D to stop an O. I'm just saying it's not a good idea to run the score up as it gives your opponent motivation for the future.

The generically, could be any type of, Pirates should understand what the Bucs are going threw. You had a coaching change that had growing pains. The difference being if our guy doesn't get it corrected, we won't be getting our first coach back.

The other advantage the generic Pirates have is when CVG leaves in 2-3 years....Super Stones will be there to take over