Update 10/14 6A & 5A 2017 Regions

mjuhb

The Big Tuna knows that all these questions will be answered in the next few weeks but until that happens I will provide some suggestions along the way!

5A to 6A:

Gallatin to play in the same Region with Hendersonville

Southwind to play with Whitehaven

Summit to play in with Independence, Brentwood, Centennial, Ravenwood

Walker Valley to play in with Bradley and Cleveland

4A to 5A

Seymour to play in same Region with Sevier County

Sequoyah to play in with Lenior City

East Hamilton to play in with Walker Valley and Soddy Daisy

Nolensville to play in with Page and Summit

These are just a few but if you know of any making the move up please post it to keep all informed!!!

Thanks and good fishing to all:

WT

Gallatin will play where placed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big Tuna knows that all these questions will be answered in the next few weeks but until that happens I will provide some suggestions along the way!

5A to 6A:

4A to 5A

These are just a few but if you know of any making the move up please post it to keep all informed!!!

WT

I doubt Seymour moves up. They'll just continue to schedule Sevier County as a non-region game.

5A to 6A:

4A to 5A

WT

I don't think Walker Valley will play up. Bradley and Cleveland will play them as a non conference foe.

Edited by alt1958

yeah walker valley wants no part of 6A, i can only imagine their coaches and admin thanked the good lord for saving them from that beat down. 

I agree, I don't see them moving up. But, given the lack of nearby teams that will be in 5A, you never know. TSSAA certainly doesn't want them to move. The ripple effect of another Chattanooga-area team out of 5A would completely change the layout of Regions 1 through 4.

Edited by osunut2

yeah walker valley wants no part of 6A, i can only imagine their coaches and admin thanked the good lord for saving them from that beat down. 

If they stay in 5A, more than likely in a region with several teams they play today (Rhea, Soddy, White County) and possibly add Lenoir City which is fairly close.   Like someone else said, Cleveland and Bradley are probably still going to schedule them.  

It is kind of sad that the region these schools are in is split among 5A and 6A.   Most of these are natural rivals that have played each other a lot over the years. 

5 A with 49 teams could look like this!

Region 1:

Cherokee

Daniel Boone

David Crockett

Morristown East

Tennessee High

Volunteer

Region 2:

Cocke County

Knox Central

Knox West

Sevier County

South Doyle

Region 3: 

Campbell County

Clinton

Halls

Karns

Oak Ridge

Powell

Region 4: 

Knox Catholic

Lenior City

Rhea County

Soddy Daisy

Walker Valley

Region 5:

Columbia Central

Franklin County

Lincoln County

Page

Shelbyville

Summit

White County

Region 6:

Beech

Gallatin

Glencliff

Hillsboro

Hillwood

Hunters Lane

Region 7:

Clarksville

Henry County

Kenwood

Northeast

Northwest

West Creek

Region 8:

Bolton

Brighton

Dyer County

Kingsbury

Munford

Overton

Ridgeway

Southwind

I talked with a coach from the Knoxville area over the weekend, and he says the Knoxville teams are not going to play Catholic and that TSSAA is going to put them in the Region that they have to travel the most. That being said it looks like Catholic may have to schedule Alcoa, Maryville, Greenville, Baylor, McCallie, and Notre Dame in order to get a 10 game schedule for the next 2 years.

I talked with a coach from the Knoxville area over the weekend, and he says the Knoxville teams are not going to play Catholic and that TSSAA is going to put them in the Region that they have to travel the most. That being said it looks like Catholic may have to schedule Alcoa, Maryville, Greenville, Baylor, McCallie, and Notre Dame in order to get a 10 game schedule for the next 2 years.

That probably explains why Catholic is thinking about moving up to 6A

If they put Catholic in the region with the other Knoxville teams, don't they have to play them or take a loss?

Seriously are the Knox County schools afraid of competition?