Next Head Coach at Trousdale County?

yjacket

Have a son in 7th grade that has the youngest satterfield for a teacher. Said he has plans other than coaching here in future. Hopefully at the stops this new coach has been at, he can help with identifying the talent we have, and put them in the right place.Does the coach have any ties to Tennessee? Says he's from Georgia. Hope he does well

I think the older brother could be coach in future also and from his bio I see none but coach Clint and the coaching staff use to go to Georgia teach for coach seminars

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me...after reading that seemingly mumbo-jumbo rant on p36 I understood better than you would believe. I have no idea who he is, but he's "in the circle", and did a great job of coding what he knew so that those too close wouldn't see the forest for the trees. All the "I talked to the second guy" and "I think I know because..." was way off base from the start. I never knew the identity of the final interviewees, but I'd bet lunch that I could name them in order now. Just to head off any questions...I won't...not my business, it's theirs and would just be speculation anyway...purple tie my foot!

lol yeah he likes to mess with everybody

Let me ask you trousdale people a question. Is this Waggoner man going to get that Johnson man to come coach his pass catchers since he retired from the NFL? This Wagoner man better fill out his survey for my Murphy Fair book. That Satterfield man isnt even going to make him start coaching until January. What kind of mess is this? Snowballs and seven would have had those boys lifting weights today. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

Interesting to say the least. Here is some background information for those that haven't been able to do their own digging.

Brad Waggoner (42)

As Head Coach

2004 Crescent City High School (FL)  4-6

2005-2007 Luverne High School (AL) 25-11

2008 Pike County High School (AL) 5-5

2009-2011 Chattooga High School (GA) 18-13

2012 Decatur High School (GA) 5-5

2013 Lumpkin County High School (GA) 2-8

59-48 total record as Head Coach

His best seasons were a 11-2 season at Luverne and 9-2 season at Chattooga.

So there is a wide variance in performance and that is a lot of schools for such a short time frame. If you take away the best 2 seasons he went 39-44 the other 8 years. If you take away the worst 2 seasons he went 53-34.

He also has some college experience.

2014-2016 Assistant Director of Player Personel at Georgia Tech

He was an assistant coach at VMI and West Alabama.

He was a grad assistant at Alabama.

He played linebacker at Georgia Tech and Liberty.

This could be a homerun hire with all his experience. But it also seems questionable hiring a guy that has coached 6 different schools in 3 different states in a 10-year span.

Think he was hired base on his experience and the fact of his knowledge of Georgia tech offense which I think Coach Clint wants to be run here in TC

I get it don't get me wrong. My main concern is the fact that he has now coached 7 different high schools in 4 different states. Doesn't seem like a long-term hire. Maybe that is the plan IDK.

I get it don't get me wrong. My main concern is the fact that he has now coached 7 different high schools in 4 different states. Doesn't seem like a long-term hire. Maybe that is the plan IDK.

with coach Clint everything he has a plan for I think he knows that he is a short term solution but I know he had a very young coach that had a interview and visited the school just like the coach he hired was at the school visiting while janitor were cleaning after school and nobody knew who they were either that's how he kept all this under wraps

Let me ask you trousdale people a question. Is this Waggoner man going to get that Johnson man to come coach his pass catchers since he retired from the NFL? This Wagoner man better fill out his survey for my Murphy Fair book. That Satterfield man isnt even going to make him start coaching until January. What kind of mess is this? Snowballs and seven would have had those boys lifting weights today. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, Dont worry about them jackets not getting strong, they've been chasing them pigs and hanging that baccer since the week after the season ended. Satterfield aint going to let them boys get weak again. And that Johnson man already landed his jet in the cow pasture next to the creekbank. his already learning them boys pro skills!

Interesting to say the least. Here is some background information for those that haven't been able to do their own digging.

Brad Waggoner (42)

As Head Coach

2004 Crescent City High School (FL)  4-6

2005-2007 Luverne High School (AL) 25-11

2008 Pike County High School (AL) 5-5

2009-2011 Chattooga High School (GA) 18-13

2012 Decatur High School (GA) 5-5

2013 Lumpkin County High School (GA) 2-8

59-48 total record as Head Coach

His best seasons were a 11-2 season at Luverne and 9-2 season at Chattooga.

So there is a wide variance in performance and that is a lot of schools for such a short time frame. If you take away the best 2 seasons he went 39-44 the other 8 years. If you take away the worst 2 seasons he went 53-34.

He also has some college experience.

2014-2016 Assistant Director of Player Personel at Georgia Tech

He was an assistant coach at VMI and West Alabama.

He was a grad assistant at Alabama.

He played linebacker at Georgia Tech and Liberty.

This could be a homerun hire with all his experience. But it also seems questionable hiring a guy that has coached 6 different schools in 3 different states in a 10-year span.

Im not well versed in GA, AL, or FL HS football (ok i know nothing about any of the schools there) but i'd be interested to know the history of the schools and if they are traditionally bad teams or not. The man that finished runner up in the hiring, is also a HC and he does not have a winning record yet but he would have been a great hire. If Waggoner continuously went to the Picket Co., RBS (no offense to those schools at all but history doesnt lie) of AL, GA, and FL and won there, just think what he could do with TC talent and tradition. Obviously he worked with talent at 1 or 2 stops (Megatron being one of those) but what else did he have to work with. Just hoping Mr. Waggoner is a good fit and decides to raise Jr. here in TC. If not, i guess will will be firing this thread up again in a year or 2. None the less, the Dr. has a plan and I'll support the Jackets. 

My information was very off. I was informed by multiple people in this area that Wade Comer from McKenzie had accepted the position. Heck I even heard that he announced it to his players in an after-school meeting. Makes me wonder if something changed Comer's mind last second because my sources were 100% solid on what they knew. Interesting hire. Sorry for hinting at the wrong information

My information was very off. I was informed by multiple people in this area that Wade Comer from McKenzie had accepted the position. Heck I even heard that he announced it to his players in an after-school meeting. Makes me wonder if something changed Comer's mind last second because my sources were 100% solid on what they knew. Interesting hire. Sorry for hinting at the wrong information

I was told the exact same thing. I think something changed last minute.