Next Head Coach at Trousdale County?

yjacket

Trousdale is back in the east.

Did not know that. Well maybe the finals then. Hopefully we can both get there. We should field a strong team if we don't have another injury Armageddon. I've never seen a team get beat up the way my Tornadoes did this ppast season with multiple injuries. Looking forward to 2017. Good luck TC with your new coach.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not know that. Well maybe the finals then. Hopefully we can both get there. We should field a strong team if we don't have another injury Armageddon. I've never seen a team get beat up the way my Tornadoes did this ppast season with multiple injuries. Looking forward to 2017. Good luck TC with your new coach.

If Trousdale isn't in the finals MULTIPLE times over the next 4 years something has gone bad wrong.

Interesting to say the least. Here is some background information for those that haven't been able to do their own digging.

Brad Waggoner (42)

As Head Coach

2004 Crescent City High School (FL)  4-6

2005-2007 Luverne High School (AL) 25-11

2008 Pike County High School (AL) 5-5

2009-2011 Chattooga High School (GA) 18-13

2012 Decatur High School (GA) 5-5

2013 Lumpkin County High School (GA) 2-8

59-48 total record as Head Coach

His best seasons were a 11-2 season at Luverne and 9-2 season at Chattooga.

So there is a wide variance in performance and that is a lot of schools for such a short time frame. If you take away the best 2 seasons he went 39-44 the other 8 years. If you take away the worst 2 seasons he went 53-34.

He also has some college experience.

2014-2016 Assistant Director of Player Personel at Georgia Tech

He was an assistant coach at VMI and West Alabama.

He was a grad assistant at Alabama.

He played linebacker at Georgia Tech and Liberty.

This could be a homerun hire with all his experience. But it also seems questionable hiring a guy that has coached 6 different schools in 3 different states in a 10-year span.

Head+scratcher.png

Must have been a bargain...

Edited by riverrat

My information was very off. I was informed by multiple people in this area that Wade Comer from McKenzie had accepted the position. Heck I even heard that he announced it to his players in an after-school meeting. Makes me wonder if something changed Comer's mind last second because my sources were 100% solid on what they knew. Interesting hire. Sorry for hinting at the wrong information

I was told the exact same thing. I think something changed last minute.

I dont think Comer was offered the job. From what i've been told, Waggoner was the first choice and i have conversed with the person that was told they were the 2nd choice. Comer may have been #3. But really, who cares at this point? TC has there coach and we are moving forward! Good bad or indifferent. Only time will tell how this hire will turn out. Hopefully its a grand slam and this time next year we are making room in the trophy case for another Gold Ball! We shall see.... Until then, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 

I dont think Comer was offered the job. From what i've been told, Waggoner was the first choice and i have conversed with the person that was told they were the 2nd choice. Comer may have been #3. But really, who cares at this point? TC has there coach and we are moving forward! Good bad or indifferent. Only time will tell how this hire will turn out. Hopefully its a grand slam and this time next year we are making room in the trophy case for another Gold Ball! We shall see.... Until then, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 

I think that the good Dr. has a little used car salesman in his blood...looking like there were several #2's in this process. Nothing wrong with sparing someone's feelings either, just saying don't be so sure that everything you have heard or will hear is absolutely true other than the fact that Waggoner accepted the job.

I think that the good Dr. has a little used car salesman in his blood...looking like there were several #2's in this process. Nothing wrong with sparing someone's feelings either, just saying don't be so sure that everything you have heard or will hear is absolutely true other than the fact that Waggoner accepted the job.

Ding ding ding ding. He should still win big at Trousdale.

i think you are right with the Dr sparing feelings of a candidate

I think next year and next few years TC will be back at the top and especially with the freshmen class coming in next year won't be surprise if a few aren't starters in the first game and the size that they are bringing to the team TC will be loaded for next 3-5 years

i don't think it was a bargain with the new coach also being the athletic director also

I'm not talking about it being a bargain. I was alluding to the head scratcher part.

I just don't understand bringing in a coach that has a history of moving around or jumping ship, that barely has a winning record, and has no ties to the program.

But, that's just me. It's your program.

I hope he does well, but I'm skeptical.

Edited by croz6110