Next Head Coach at Trousdale County?

yjacket

TC got a guy that can coach with the best of them. He is extremely tough and will work them extremely hard in the off season program. He did bounce around a good bit but it was his goal to make it to the college level in which he did. Trust me, having known one of Tech coaches that recruits our school here in Nashville area, he talks very highly of him as a coach and person. Like any coach, time will tell but TC may just have hit a home run with this hire.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about it being a bargain. I was alluding to the head scratcher part.

I just don't understand bringing in a coach that has a history of moving around or jumping ship, that barely has a winning record, and has no ties to the program.

But, that's just me. It's your program.

I hope he does well, but I'm skeptical.

coach Clint always has a plan I think he already knows that he may not be the long term fix most people in TC already know who the coach of the future could be don't forget the Dr has two sons that are coaching one assistant on TC junior high and high school the other is OC at Austin Peay and TC coaches use to go to coaching clinics at Georgia Tech in the past and he doesn't have to have ties to the program to be the best candidate with most experience and for his record I don't know anything about schools he coach at in AL FL or GA but he must be a decent coach to be at Georgia tech I don't think anybody in TC expects him to stay next 20 years if he is here for 5 years and that brings TC more gold footballs and he takes a bigger job like Creasy did I think most people in TC would be fine with that and we just hire another coach

coach Clint always has a plan I think he already knows that he may not be the long term fix most people in TC already know who the coach of the future could be don't forget the Dr has two sons that are coaching one assistant on TC junior high and high school the other is OC at Austin Peay and TC coaches use to go to coaching clinics at Georgia Tech in the past and he doesn't have to have ties to the program to be the best candidate with most experience and for his record I don't know anything about schools he coach at in AL FL or GA but he must be a decent coach to be at Georgia tech I don't think anybody in TC expects him to stay next 20 years if he is here for 5 years and that brings TC more gold footballs and he takes a bigger job like Creasy did I think most people in TC would be fine with that and we just hire another coach

good thought

Im not well versed in GA, AL, or FL HS football (ok i know nothing about any of the schools there) but i'd be interested to know the history of the schools and if they are traditionally bad teams or not. The man that finished runner up in the hiring, is also a HC and he does not have a winning record yet but he would have been a great hire. If Waggoner continuously went to the Picket Co., RBS (no offense to those schools at all but history doesnt lie) of AL, GA, and FL and won there, just think what he could do with TC talent and tradition. Obviously he worked with talent at 1 or 2 stops (Megatron being one of those) but what else did he have to work with. Just hoping Mr. Waggoner is a good fit and decides to raise Jr. here in TC. If not, i guess will will be firing this thread up again in a year or 2. None the less, the Dr. has a plan and I'll support the Jackets. 

Crescent City was 1-9 the year before he got there couldn't find anything prior (maybe a new school) and won 5, 9, 5 and 8 games the 4 years after he left. He went 4-6 which was an improvement over 1-9 and if it was indeed a new school that is about all you can ask.

Luverne High School is a top notch program. They won their region and +8 games 2000-2004. They won their region every year from 1994-2004 except for 2 years. They won state championships in 1991 and 1994. They played for the state championship in 2003. He took over in 2005 and won 8, 11 and 5 games the next 3 years winning the region in 2006. After he left they won 8, 10, 7, 7 and 11 games the next 5 years.

Pike County is one of the better programs in Alabama. They have won 5 state championships including 2003, 2005 and 2006. They went 12-1 in 2007. He took over in 2008 and went 5-5. That was the only year from 2000-2010 that they didn't win at least 8 games.

Chattooga High School won 7, 7, 4 and 7 games the 4 years before he got there and he won 9, 4 and 5. They have won 2, 2, 5, 7 and 8 since he left.

Decatur High School won 5, 7, 7 and 4 the 4 years before he got there and he went 5-5. They won 6, 6 and 7 after he left.

Lumpkin County High School looks like a up and down program. The coach before him won 4, 6, 6 and 2 games. He went 2-8. They have since won 5, 2 and 4.

So he has coached at some pretty good schools.   

Crescent City was 1-9 the year before he got there couldn't find anything prior (maybe a new school) and won 5, 9, 5 and 8 games the 4 years after he left. He went 4-6 which was an improvement over 1-9 and if it was indeed a new school that is about all you can ask.

Luverne High School is a top notch program. They won their region and +8 games 2000-2004. They won their region every year from 1994-2004 except for 2 years. They won state championships in 1991 and 1994. They played for the state championship in 2003. He took over in 2005 and won 8, 11 and 5 games the next 3 years winning the region in 2006. After he left they won 8, 10, 7, 7 and 11 games the next 5 years.

Pike County is one of the better programs in Alabama. They have won 5 state championships including 2003, 2005 and 2006. They went 12-1 in 2007. He took over in 2008 and went 5-5. That was the only year from 2000-2010 that they didn't win at least 8 games.

Chattooga High School won 7, 7, 4 and 7 games the 4 years before he got there and he won 9, 4 and 5. They have won 2, 2, 5, 7 and 8 since he left.

Decatur High School won 5, 7, 7 and 4 the 4 years before he got there and he went 5-5. They won 6, 6 and 7 after he left.

Lumpkin County High School looks like a up and down program. The coach before him won 4, 6, 6 and 2 games. He went 2-8. They have since won 5, 2 and 4.

seems like a mix bag of good, bad and just okay it's hard to tell with high school that we don't know exactly how good they are and how they played or even who the played he has no reason not to win in TC if he does that here in TC with 2and 5 win seasons he won't be here long but maybe he has gotten better with being at Georgia tech and we will see but like I said after Barker it can't get much worse especially with the offseason and Barker full contact tackling practices that cause lot of injuries instead of having a conditioning and weight program in the offseason

could you tell what type of offense and defense he ran at those schools everything about his background at Georgia tech points to a wing T and a 3-4 defense

KBD.. Andy McCollum who recruits our school said he ran the Wing T and I at most of the schools he was at. He had a running back at chattooga that's in the NFL now I think with Miami (Senorise Perry).

yea I thought it would be the wing T that's what most people in TC want they didn't like the spread to much last couple years but we have speed to fit the scheme

I think that the good Dr. has a little used car salesman in his blood...looking like there were several #2's in this process. Nothing wrong with sparing someone's feelings either, just saying don't be so sure that everything you have heard or will hear is absolutely true other than the fact that Waggoner accepted the job.

I garuntee you that Satterfield man has a little SOS in him (snake oil salesman). I garuntee you that man at Ronnies red eye said he would be real surprised if this Waggoner man stays until he retires. You think im joking but im not.

I garuntee you that Satterfield man has a little SOS in him (snake oil salesman). I garuntee you that man at Ronnies red eye said he would be real surprised if this Waggoner man stays until he retires. You think im joking but im not.

I will guarantee you 100% he will not be at Trousdale until he retires. The next Trousdale coach will be an alum.