Region 1 & 2-1A Prediction '17-'21

EastTNFBall

Little the old staff did at Cloudland made sense...As you said in another thread, region 1 1A makes no sense....Cloudland program would starve and if GB got moved to region 1, they'd be nuts not to move up to 2A reg-1....Travel comes into play, but when your home games bring in absolutely no gate, wins don't matter as much.

They can't wait until the regions are drawn and then ask to move up.

If they don't ask to move up first, they'll have to deal with wherever the TSSAA puts them.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a joke for Unaka, Cloudland, and Hancock to drive PAST OS and Harriman to get to Oakdale. Oakdale should be Region 2. Period.

And you can't have a 5 team region, just not fair for the rest of the state.

This is what makes the most geographical sense. If teams are going to have to drive 120 miles plus, give the the shortest drives you possibly can.

This is what it SHOULD be.

1A: Cloudland, Hancock, Unaka, Jellico, Greenback, Oliver Springs.

2A: Harriman, Oakdale, Sunbright, Midway, Coalfield, Monterey.

I heard that Oakdale asked to be moved to Region 1 two years ago because it was more competitive for them.  Not sure if they still feel like it's worth it, but Region 2 is going to be BRUTAL for anyone who's not already a state powerhouse.

We Greenback have been in this region(district)for 31 years.Why should we have to leave OUR region,and travel 130 miles to play a 0-10 team?That's my gripe.

Well it's not "YOUR" region. It just happens to be the one you have been placed in for geographic reasons. Well, times have changed. The privates are gone. Schools have consolidated. And Greenback is now the 4th easternmost 1A school in the entire state of Tennessee.

I find it kind of sad the boo-hooing going on here about travel. Cloudland and Unaka have had to travel to Grace or Kings Academy or Jellico or Cosby or Concord or Powell Valley or Oakdale or Knox Catholic ect. for league games for decades.

I take back what I said about Cloudland not going 2A. I'm hearing it may be a possibility. The only way they will be able to move up is if a 2A school agrees to move down.

If the TSSAA starts letting teams "move down" who are over the cutoff limits we will have a huge problem. It was said and documented back during the summer meeting. Teams can be allowed to move up but this WOULD NOT change anyone else's assigned classification.