A-E visits GCA for the game of the year.

BarneySox2007

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was beat down from a good football team. We put 60 on AE 3 years ago so they have really improved their talent. Congrats to them. 

But even so I will still worship the Ram

Yea, I was telling someone this at the beginning of the week.  They couldn't remember it.  But yea, these seniors stuck it out and look at them now..

You clearly said Webb had more speed. But its all good... Tell Meske to put in that call (for next year) and also tell the track coach to put in that call as wel(for this year.)

I guess I need to explain the English language. I said I don't know about AE being faster cause Webb has some serious speed. Even if I had said Webb was faster that would not automatically imply AE is slow? AE has never been slow. Butt Webb still found a way to handle them four years in a row before they were dropped.

I promise you Meske calls every coach in the Knox area. AE will get another call just like they got two years ago.

Well who is that person othkeeper. I sure would like to know. Sure the Kirby boy threw a bunch of interceptions but most of that was going for the home run not the quick eight and ten yard passes that were getting them down the field. For some reason we get in the Red Zone and everything falls to crap because we're not doing what got us there in the first place. Both of the Kirby boy's are and were very elusive meaning evading grasp of pursuit which no other player at that position at GCA has period. The line blocks like matadors half the time and the kid ends up running for his life. My advise for you is what I told my nephew last year, he should be so very thankful Mr. Kirby who helped coach last year put him out at wide receiver or he would end up crippled when he is my age. Playing QB comes with a price, not only are you the goat or a hero but the chances of getting hurt permanently are very good.

The thing is barney this kid has found a home at another position. He wont say a word.Hes the kind of young man who loves that team so much he will just show up and do what is asked. He was the qb through middle school and has been at gca his whole life. I played ball with his oldest brother. I watched this kid put in insane amounts of work off the field and after practice for years. only to have his shot unfairly taken away by transfers whos daddy suddenly became a coach. Im sure the kirby boys are nice enough kids, but its just plain wrong how the coach treated the other kid. Even last year when the older kirby got injured in playoffs instead of putting in the obvious choice for backup he was passed over. Its a darn shame....

I like Grace and never knew they played dirty.... I'm for real.... I guess they were just frustrated...

I'm a Boyd guy and we've always had a physical and tough, but clean, program. I saw some things this year out of a couple of our kids that surprised me. I heard it was addressed but sometimes even kids who know better go off a little bit.

The thing is barney this kid has found a home at another position. He wont say a word.Hes the kind of young man who loves that team so much he will just show up and do what is asked. He was the qb through middle school and has been at gca his whole life. I played ball with his oldest brother. I watched this kid put in insane amounts of work off the field and after practice for years. only to have his shot unfairly taken away by transfers whos daddy suddenly became a coach. Im sure the kirby boys are nice enough kids, but its just plain wrong how the coach treated the other kid. Even last year when the older kirby got injured in playoffs instead of putting in the obvious choice for backup he was passed over. Its a darn shame....

Heard this kinda stuff from Sox a season or two ago.

I guess I need to explain the English language. I said I don't know about AE being faster cause Webb has some serious speed. Even if I had said Webb was faster that would not automatically imply AE is slow? AE has never been slow. Butt Webb still found a way to handle them four years in a row before they were dropped.

I promise you Meske calls every coach in the Knox area. AE will get another call just like they got two years ago.

Sorry I'm not American, I'm a foreigner ! What's a Spartan?

I know the feeling oathkeeper. I shouldn't have been so harsh on what I said but I do know who your talking about and I totally understand your feelings. The kid your referring to has done a great job at where he is playing and I personally can tell you he is a true leader and actually the best player they have on that side of the ball. I have been very impressed with his play on the field and personally see him getting a good chance at going to the next level. I see him on the field after the games and really amassed how big he is and I know if he keeps up the hard work it will pay off. He seems to be a very quiet kid but he makes some noise on the football field for sure and I have really enjoyed watching him play. Most of the starters will return next year and they have a good chance to have a great team next year and I do plan on coming to see them some even though my interest in why I came for will not be there after this year. I have really enjoyed watching all these boy's play and want to see them again next year.