A-E visits GCA for the game of the year.

BarneySox2007

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've been following high school football for a long time, I've heard of maryville lol. I'm just saying the Oakland game might not fit into the "normal boring" game category.

crow I don't want to turn this into the Maryville thread but I've been apart of the Maryville program since the late sixties and seen everyone of those teams and even play there also in the mid seventies. The hardest thing about being on top is there is always someone better and no matter how many times you reach out and go pick up the gold ball and while your doing it someone in the crowd will say I bet you can't beat so and so. Yes Oakland will be a tough contest and won't be boring at all as you mentioned. The biggest thing that hurts me as a Rebel Fan is the crowds have vanished because everyone takes it for granted and looks for something a little more exciting to fulfill their boring Friday Night as to go watch Maryville do the cakewalk on some pitiful team. Kind of like back when the Romans came out to watch a man take on a lion and expect a different result.  Being the road I have traveled watching high school football for so long I will tell anyone on here it's more fun climbing the ladder than it is setting on top of the ladder. That is why I have enjoyed watching GCA and the kids climb the ladder even though they didn't get to the top it was fun watching them climb.  The same goes for AE. It sure was fun seeing their side packed with their fans watching their kids climb that ladder also.

Edited by BarneySox2007

crow I don't want to turn this into the Maryville thread but I've been apart of the Maryville program since the late sixties and seen everyone of those teams and even play there also in the mid seventies. The hardest thing about being on top is there is always someone better and no matter how many times you reach out and go pick up the gold ball and while your doing it someone in the crowd will say I bet you can't beat so and so. Yes Oakland will be a tough contest and won't be boring at all as you mentioned. The biggest thing that hurts me as a Rebel Fan is the crowds have vanished because everyone takes it for granted and looks for something a little more exciting to fulfill their boring Friday Night as to go watch Maryville do the cakewalk on some pitiful team. Kind of like back when the Romans came out to watch a man take on a lion and expect a different result. Being the road I have traveled watching high school football for so long I will tell anyone on here it's more fun climbing the ladder than it is setting on top of the ladder. That is why I have enjoyed watching GCA and the kids climb the ladder even though they didn't get to the top it was fun watching them climb. The same goes for AE. It sure was fun seeing their side packed with their fans watching their kids climb that ladder also.

Good post.We will get together Fri I will be at the playoff game.

Pride posted on Twitter that Grace had more 1st downs, passing yards, and time of possession. That's about what I thought. I remember at least 1 dropped TD pass and 1 overthrown open receiver in the end zone for Grace. They had some chances to make it a decent game, but those misses and then all the INTs and big plays from AE's key players made for a long night.

Looks like Hampton may get to come visit AE in the 2nd round...may have to check out that one.

As i have said all along there is another qb who should be playing.....

Well who is that person othkeeper. I sure would like to know. Sure the Kirby boy threw a bunch of interceptions but most of that was going for the home run not the quick eight and ten yard passes that were getting them down the field. For some reason we get in the Red Zone and everything falls to crap because we're not doing what got us there in the first place. Both of the Kirby boy's are and were very elusive meaning evading grasp of pursuit which no other player at that position at GCA has period. The line blocks like matadors half the time and the kid ends up running for his life. My advise for you is what I told my nephew last year, he should be so very thankful Mr. Kirby who helped coach last year put him out at wide receiver or he would end up crippled when he is my age. Playing QB comes with a price, not only are you the goat or a hero but the chances of getting hurt permanently are very good.

Well who is that person othkeeper. I sure would like to know. Sure the Kirby boy threw a bunch of interceptions but most of that was going for the home run not the quick eight and ten yard passes that were getting them down the field. For some reason we get in the Red Zone and everything falls to crap because we're not doing what got us there in the first place. Both of the Kirby boy's are and were very elusive meaning evading grasp of pursuit which no other player at that position at GCA has period. The line blocks like matadors half the time and the kid ends up running for his life. My advise for you is what I told my nephew last year, he should be so very thankful Mr. Kirby who helped coach last year put him out at wide receiver or he would end up crippled when he is my age. Playing QB comes with a price, not only are you the goat or a hero but the chances of getting hurt permanently are very good.

Things in this post I agree and disagree with...The things I disagree with and dont understand are none of my business tho