Beech (7-2 5-1 Region 6-5A) at Hillsboro (5-4 4-2 Region 6-5A)

HighLife

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tandem and HighLife, having seen both of your teams I can say they both were impressive in different ways. This is the game I would want to see if there was not a little game up here. I see a low scoring affair. These in my opinion are the best 2 defenses in our region. Hillsboro's strength is their defense and if they play like they did in the gaps and playing one on one with the Beech recievers, the Bucs are going to have a hard time moving the ball consistently. Hillsboro is not flashy on offense. They have some speed but after the 1st quarter in the game with Gallatin they did not score and their offensive numbers were not huge. They also kill themselves with penalties. Beech has a good technically sound O-line. Not very big but good none the less. They are not fancy but chug along with small chunks. They could be smaller with the size and speed of Hillsboro. Beech's defense is again nothing special but very workman like. Truth this game could go either way. One thing that could be the tipping point is the punt block unit for Beech. They are very fast and good. Hillsboro had trouble with that. I would be safe and not bet on this game. Good luck to both, we all will be interested in the outcome in Gallatin.

With a Hillsboro loss and an Hville win over HL they finish 4th

With a Hillsboro loss and a Gallatin loss and an Hville win over HL they finish 3rd

Yes. This game determines the final 3 teams. A Beech win and Hville is in. A Hillsboro win and Gallatin is in. It really has come down to the final week to find out which of the 3 teams get the final 2 spots. Only CR and Beech are already in. What a season. Good luck to us all.

Isn't there a 95% chance the winner of Hillsboro-Beech will host Stewie in the first round? (Barring Shelbyville losing in a major upset)

I have to pull for Hillsboro.  It's close to 440 which is off 24 and easy for Stewie fans to fight through some Green Hills traffic and get to.  Beech would be much further away.

How is parking these says at Hillsboro for football?