Greatest Playoff Games Ever ???

Guest truth16

Guest truth16

I was wondering what High School game people thought was the best game ever ??? I believe that the best game I ever saw on video was the 94 Texas quarter-final game between Tyler John Tyler vs. Plaino East. The best game I ever saw in person in the state of Tennessee was the 94 Germantown vs. Riverdale state championship. This game was loaded with talent and I would put these two teams up against anyone.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the trip to the 'Boro in '94 when Oak Ridge traveled there for the semi-finals. That was a good game too. The best games I've personally seen are the '00 Oliver Springs vs. Cloudland game, the '01 OS vs. South Greene game, and the '01 OS vs. Sweetwater game. All three games were decided in the last minutes. In the 2000 game Cloudland scored 16 points in the final quarter to beat OS. OS won the game w/ South Greene on a goal line stand. South Greene had the ball on the OS 4 w/ 1st down and goal to go and about 40 seconds remaining. OS was leading 23-20 and held on 4 straight plays to win it (South Greene didn't have a field goal kicker). The following week OS traveled to Sweetwater to have a 60 yard TD pass from DJ Whalen to Ken Johnson called back on a very controversial offensive interference call w/ about one minute remaining. The TD would have given OS a 14-13 lead w/ the extra point, but they instead lost 13-7.

The most famous game I've heard people talk about has to be the '91 Oak Ridge-Knox Central semi-final game that OR won 42-41 in OT. Oak Ridge went on to win the state championship the next week.

^^^watching Central catch a beat down in the state game was good, but the 1998 playoff game between Maryville and Elizabethon in the Semis was great. Witten was amazing he was 6'5"240 then and was running over everyone it seemed unfair that he had this ability, but I'll never forget, down 16-13 late in the 4th Cole Hammontree caught a pass on the sidelines spun around with his eyes closed and then rean it 70yds, I have watched that tape 5 times and no he was not out of bounds.

I'm going to have to go with last years Super Seven state title game between McCallie and BA. A close game to the end, it came down to an amazing offensive drive by McCallie with less than 3 minutes remaining, to kick a game winnin field goal..an amazing game to play in, and I'm sure it was just as amazing to watch.

Guest BeeneColiseum

I am going to be biased here. The 4 best playoff games that I have seen are the 4 between South Pittsburg and Trousdale county. They are 2-2 against each other and it was always a battle. The SP/BGA game a few years ago was good too. I have seen a few other playoff games between others that were good but those games will always stick out in my mind

From a 1A perspective the two most exciting games I have watched are both from last year

CPA at Collinwood where Collinwood marched 90 yards in the final minute to win.

USJ at Ezell where USJ had a lead and gaining momentum when they missed an easy field goal and JP Shelley took over and won it for Ezell.