1 A Mr Football Nominee

ranger519

Yes Dresden's QB compl avg in 80% range, with amazing personal run yards too. Don't know exact stats but they are up there, & mainly from 1st half. Our Yates running back, and several receivers putting up insane stats too. I don't keep track of all that. I just try to encourage (& also defend) them and cheer them on. Go Lions!

Imo revy Winn is the Mr Football nominee but Yates is the MVP of that team. Such a spark on O and D

One thing to remember is that on a balanced team running backs don't get as many carries as opposed to a strictly running team.  The top teams in 1A are pretty balanced and I don't feel like any of the the top guys have played much in the 2nd half which cuts down on some of the numbers.  We wouldn't be talking about any of them without a pretty good line, receivers to catch the ball and team around them.  Hey at least you all will get to play an actual game in the 1st round of the playoffs as opposed to your opponent forfeiting on you!

Edited by MadVegas

Then tell coach brothers to give him the ball?

Same as 12 last year. He was far and away the best 1A offensive weapon. But like I tell my youngest, you take what you get and you don't throw a fit.

It worked for 12. He's been the OVC newcomer of the week for 2 weeks in a row as a true freshman and he touched the ball about 8 times a games last year.

Yeah I looked it up too just to see. It looks like Rice's 87 career touchdown passes currently ranks 5th all-time in state history (tied for 5th with his brother actually who isn't on the list), and his 128 passing+rushing total TDs is currently tied for 2nd all-time - - and that total record of 134 TDs is very much within reach. Rice is even more historically impressive than even I thought.

WOW!

I was trying to see how many TDs Dresser Winn has. His passing TDs are in the low to mid 80s and has close to 20 rushing TDs in his career. These are exact but should be close. He didnt play football his sophomore year. Pretty impressive numbers for him as well. I can see where Rice might get it this year, but both have had outstanding careers no doubt. Hoping to see that matchup come Nov. 25th. 

Edited by OldQB

Same as 12 last year. He was far and away the best 1A offensive weapon. But like I tell my youngest, you take what you get and you don't throw a fit.

It worked for 12. He's been the OVC newcomer of the week for 2 weeks in a row as a true freshman and he touched the ball about 8 times a games last year.

+1 That Mario McGraw was impressive. We only saw the one championship game but he was hands down the MVP of that team. He plays for Murray State correct?

Roberts is a good back, but his attitude hurts him. I talked to a friend in the coaching profession that said his attitude has turned some schools off of him.

There is no place for this crap here.The team has had a great year and he is a big part of that.Its playoff time and that is all we need to focus on so take your thoughts else where!