Smyrna/Oakland Is This The Game We Thought It Was Going To Be?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna walks off field and heads straight for bus without shaking hands. #NoSportsmanship

Evidently there was some miscommunication between the principals. Coach Williams thought due to the little scrum last year that the principals had agreed not to shake hands. That is what has been said on the coaches show this morning

Evidently there was some miscommunication between the principals. Coach Williams thought due to the little scrum last year that the principals had agreed not to shake hands. That is what has been said on the coaches show this morning

I heard the same. Obviously the Smyrna administration is better at communicating with the coaches than Spurlock is with the Oakland coaches. My apologies for implying a lack of class with the Smyrna football team.

First let me start by saying I have never responded much to online message boards, but I cannot allow this attempt to attack someone's character to go by without responding. First let me say this in my attempt of being transparent. I not only know Bill Spurlock, but I would consider him a friend. I am not sure what Mr. Spurlock did to MidTennFootball, but instead of trashing him on a public message board, perhaps you need to speak to him in person.. I do understand that each of us have the right to free speech, however, there is this thing called libel and slander. MidTenn take it from me, he is a good listener, and I am sure he would listen to the issues that you have against him. Just my two cents worth. Now on to football. Can anyone seriously beat Maryville this year? I will believe it when I see it.

Edited by LawandOrder

Smyrna walks off field and heads straight for bus without shaking hands. #NoSportsmanships

You might want to get the facts straight before you go just making assumptions!  Here is the truth:  

Smyrna was told by your fine principal Mr. Spurlock that they could not shake hands after the game.  The Smyrna principal, Mr. Powell did his job and told his coach.  Coach Williams told his players and controlled his players like a coach should do.  As far as Oakland side, we saw players past midfield cussing, name calling, and pointing to the scoreboard.  A lot of class as usual but I guess that comes from the top.  Nice job of communication OR lack of control from Oakland's side, you decide which is correct???  If you want to argue this go on Twitter and look at your principal's half way apology!  That will clear things up.