LEBANON FOOTBALL

BDP93

I'm not sure about recruiting wave. Maybe but if so I have no knowledge.

If Lebanon hires from within its a mistake imo. You have to do something to get the kids walking the halls on the field if there are any and the kids walking down the streets to walk the sidelines they should be again. Lebanon will have options. Hope they get good one.

Edited by workinprogress

Run, what is the problem?  Lebanon used to be good enough for Cumberland to get a bunch of good players from there.

I ask as I don't know.  Their going downhill has been a shock to me as they were always a solid program that was capable of beating Ruth County teams unless we played one of our better games.  Their going out of the Region from us seems to have hurt them.

Genetics.

The new region should be better for Lebanon.

Mt. Juliet

Wilson Central

Hendersonville

Station Camp

Rossview

They always have MJ and WC. Having Hendersonville, Rossview and SC is better than having to play Franklin, Ravenwood and Overton.

The key here is that they now have 5 non-region games.

They need to try to keep Portland and Warren County. Those are programs in the same boat where they can be competitive.

I would also suggest that they try to keep Antioch. That is a relatively close school and Lebanon has played them well the last 2 years. Antioch is looking like they are heading the right direction but it would be a manageable game for Lebanon.

That leaves them with 2 remaining games to schedule.

You got some options to try if you are just wanting to try and get some more manageable games to maybe get back on track.

Hunters Lane

Glencliff

Coffee County

If you are worried about getting some people to the game.

Gallatin

Cookeville

If you want some games that are a little of both.

LaVergne

Macon County

McGavock

Any chance Lebanon would try and schedule Watertown, FCS, or MJCA?

That would be a no win situation for them. Watertown has enough athletes to sneak up on them.

They compete directly for kids  with Friendship and a loss would end any chance of ever being competitive again. MJCA would be a waste of time.

Agree on all points chief. My thought process was to try and do something to get the community more involved. Watertown has enough athletes and coaching to be able to beat Lebanon. FCS would be interesting and if Lebanon could pull out a win maybe they start getting some of their players back. MJCA also has a few players. Not sure where they are zoned for but if they liked what they saw I am sure they could find their way to Lebanon. Just thought I would throw it out there since I can't remember them playing any of those schools recently.

That would be a no win situation for them. Watertown has enough athletes to sneak up on them.

They compete directly for kids  with Friendship and a loss would end any chance of ever being competitive again. MJCA would be a waste of time.

Watertown wouldn't have to sneak up on Lebanon. They would beat them outright on a regular basis if Lebanon plays how they have the last 5 or 6 years. It would have been a blowout this year.

You have to be careful as a 6A team scheduling small school opponents. It can very easily turn into a lose-lose situation. If you win you are expected to win. If you barely win then it shouldn't have been that close. If you lose then that is just bad.

And being a bigger school doesn't mean you are going to win.

1A Trousdale County played a home-and-home against Gallatin a few years back and split with them and that was when Gallatin was a 7-8 win team both years. And Gallatin beat Lebanon both of those years....

3A DeKalb County has beat Warren County the last 2 years. Lebanon split with Warren County the last 2 years.

3A Sycamore has beat Hunters Lane the last 2 years.

3A East Nashville blew out Glencliff several years in a row.

Besides Watertown was one of the only schools with openings to allow transfers from out of zone in Wilson County this year. So you don't want to give any more of the Lebanon kids the idea that they can go there and play instead.

If you were gonna play a school that is probably in that 1A/2A range (public or private) you probably want it to be somebody that isn't in your area.

I only have the last 15 years to look at but in that time frame just some examples.

They have played LaVergne 8 times and went 5-3 but haven't played them the last 4 years. Lavergne had a couple good seasons but most years they are gonna win 3-4 games. They have lost to Antioch a couple times here recently.

They played Glencliff from 2009 to 2012 and went 2-2. Glencliff has had about the same record as Lebanon the last 4 years.

Those are both 5A teams against which they could be competitive in most years.