Walker Valley @ The Ridge

SweetScience

I would rank WV as better. McMinn County won because WV turned the ball over 4 times in the red zone. If WV scores on those drives, they lead by 35 and win going away.

WV has really good players, but have not shown the discipline and tends to make mistakes at crucial times. That has really cost them this year. If they don't make mistakes, that can beat most anyone they play.

You're forgetting one huge disadvantage WV has.

interesting take! I guess any turnover walker valley has ever gotten should be discarded, maybe some of their wins should have been losses, I mean if Walker Valley won the turn over battle in any game that they won, maybe they beat a team that was really better.

They never beat anyone they shouldn't of. Lost some that they shouldn't but most know why.

A guy was saying that Walker Valley lost to McMinn but was a better football team, said if they had not turned the ball over 4 times that WV would have won by 35. didn't give much credit to McMinn for forcing turnovers.

They could of won. Not by 35. 21 to 7 at the half them lost 24 to 21. McMinn didn't force the fumbles. The one he was just running and the ball came out. Another was the exchange. The int was a bad thrown ball he was playing with a hurt shoulder. McMinn played better in the second half but WV never adjusted their d. In the first half they scored and it was called back on a personal foul. And it was a good call. Next play turnover. Unforced. Two turnovers in redzone first half.

Ok but I'm confused. They lost to Bradley by 12, McMinn by 4, they beat Cleveland by 32, and they lost to Rhea by 1...yet if OR doesn't beat them "easily", the OR coach has no brain. Smh

They have talent. Can play really well on offense. I think the poster is giving your team credit for being very good. And on a normal day thinks y'all should beat them handily. I've already stated what I think might happen but if what I hear they might do Friday I think it could blow up in their face. Me I'd never say your coach is brainless in a loss. Anything can happen. The games you mentioned they still lost. The Bradley game you saw it coming during the warm ups. Seriously. One organized the other eh not so much. Normal game Oak Ridge could just out score them. Probably will have to. Owls beat them in what had to be their best game still gave up 35 points. So if your offense isn't clicking anything can happen. Rhea has a ball control offense scored 34 on them. Scored 28 on Bradley and Gibson threw for 375 yards. Had 21 at the half against McMinn should of had more. Your defense needs speed and plenty of d backs who can tackle or your offense needs to just keep the ball in long drives.