Walker Valley @ The Ridge

SweetScience

Well you are a bit off there. 41,000 population for Cleveland City. roughly 100,000 county wide.

Cleveland High is the only city School System high school.

Bradley Central and Walker Valley (which replaced Charleston High, a small single A school back 11 years ago) are county schools.

Walker Valley is on the very northern part of the county off the first exit after crossing the Hiwassee River going south.

Ah ok. Makes a bit more sense now. I just looked. Bradley is ranked as the 13th biggest county in the state with over 104,000 residents. Pretty well sized county. Anderson (which OR is in) is a measley 75,000.

WV had to be built. It grew faster than expected that proves it was needed. But border counties Meigs. McMinn. And Polk all send kids there. It's closer. That and a very good Band that has tremendous support. Evidenced by the fact they built them their own stands. Made them grow from a projected 950 to 1100 kid max over 10 years into a school of 1420 +. Neither Bradley or Cleveland could of at the time handled the growth without major improvements. Remember this was 10 plus years ago. I'm very proud of the three schools we have in this county. Great kids. Our academics are on the rise. WV has the best ACT averages of the 3 but the other two both improved again with them last year. My kids go there because it's in our "zone". I would send them to the other to if that's where we lived. What you read on here about the football team is very accurate. I think they could pull an upset but really they haven't beaten one team they shouldn't of the last 3 years. In my opinion, but have lost games they shouldn't of. That said they won't quit. 21 point with a quarter left to play isn't enough to feel safe against them. You're never as good or as bad as you look. Remember that. Good luck and stay healthy. Both teams.

WV has grown a lot in the 15 or so years it has been open. I remember when the school first opened WV played in the region with Mcminn Central and Polk County and now they are a 5A/6A team. I went to the first game they played Central because I thought it would be a sure win for the Chargers, but they ended up beating us by a missed extra point. I wanna say the final score was 21 to 20. I think that was their first win in school history. Smh

Edited by Governors91

WV's receiving core is very good. Best group of WRs in region 4, in my opinion. It all starts with the QB though. Gibson is deadly with the read option. Their offense will score. The problem is that you aren't going to beat good teams if you can't get stops, and unfortunately for them, they can't. They have to outscore teams, which isn't a good formula. If they had a better defense they could go very deep into the playoffs.

PASSING    Com/Att       Int        Pct          Yrds           TD

K. Gibson    128/196       3         65.3        2,098          24

RECIEVING      G       Rec      Yrds      TDS     Ypc      Ypg

Cooper Melton  9       38        751        12        19.8     83.4

Zach Eslinger  9         37       515          6        13.9      57.2

TACKELS          G        Solos      Asst       Tot       Avg

Skylar Swafford  9         83          46          107      11.0

PUNTING           Avg

Justin Rowland   36.3

SCORING     Tot

Alex King      90

INTERCEPTIONS     Tot

Logan  Manning         3

TACKLES FOR A LOSS       Tot

Skyler Swafford                    20

T

Running qbs and good receivers give us trouble.  If we can bring the same effort we brought to WB, and have the offense clicking we can get this win.  I'm calling it now, #5 punt return for TD this week.  We also need 32 at safety this week if he is finally close to 100%I 

I agree.Sounds like Anderson Co offense with better talent.What worries me is the Oak Ridge offense was playing a lot better then and could win a shoot out.If we really use Tee then yes we could get hot but Ive about give up on that.Maybe when we are down 2 scores with season on line we will start.Kinda like Rhea a couple of years ago.Just hope its not to late again.Go Cats.Hope we can run the ball and rest the D.How would yall rank WV o and d line with Mcminn Co lines.Go Cats

WV has grown a lot in the 15 or so years it has been open. I remember when the school first opened WV played in the region with Mcminn Central and Polk County and now they are a 5A/6A team. I went to the first game they played Central because I thought it would be a sure win for the Chargers, but they ended up beating us by a missed extra point. I wanna say the final score was 21 to 20. I think that was their first win in school history. Smh

11 years for Walker Valley. Was Charleston High before. Had a few good teams back then in 1A.

I agree.Sounds like Anderson Co offense with better talent.What worries me is the Oak Ridge offense was playing a lot better then and could win a shoot out.If we really use Tee then yes we could get hot but Ive about give up on that.Maybe when we are down 2 scores with season on line we will start.Kinda like Rhea a couple of years ago.Just hope its not to late again.Go Cats.Hope we can run the ball and rest the D.How would yall rank WV o and d line with Mcminn Co lines.Go Cats

I would rank WV as better. McMinn County won because WV turned the ball over 4 times in the red zone. If WV scores on those drives, they lead by 35 and win going away.

WV has really good players, but have not shown the discipline and tends to make mistakes at crucial times. That has really cost them this year. If they don't make mistakes, that can beat most anyone they play.

Edited by alt1958

I would rank WV as better. McMinn County won because WV turned the ball over 4 times in the red zone. If WV scores on those drives, they lead by 35 and win going away.

WV has really good players, but have not shown the discipline and tends to make mistakes at crucial times. That has really cost them this year. If they don't make mistakes, that can beat most anyone they play.

interesting take!  I guess any turnover walker valley has ever gotten should be discarded, maybe some of their wins should have been losses, I mean if Walker Valley won the turn over battle in any game that they won, maybe they beat a team that was really better.