Tyner Rams @ Forrest Rockets Round 1

TynerRamFan

Both teams played very sloppy the entire game. Worst game I've seen forrrst play in quite awhile. Even Tyner wouldn't let us beat ourselves. Both teams had turnovers and snap miscues. The late hit on Tyner when they had Forrest behind the sticks was huge on the game winning drive. Could get ugly next week when Meigs co comes to visit.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest took the opening drive all the way in for a TD and the early 7-0 lead.

Forrest forced a punt on Tyner's first possession.

Forrest #21 returned it 70 plus yds untouched for the score and the 13-0 lead. (Missed XP was almost costly). Looked like it was going to be a blowout but Tyner's defense made some adjustments and shut Forrest down until the final drive.

For the next 3 quarters both teams put the ball on the ground, made errant throws, and offensively didn't look very good OR they both played really good Defense.

Tyner put together the best drives of the second quarter. With a long completion, some nifty running from #10 and a Forrest facemask call the Rams made it 13-7 at the half.

Most of the second half was played on the Forrest half of the field. Twice Forrest started drives inside their own 5 and twice Tyner had 1st and goal. One goal line stand and a 1 yd scoring run by #1 with 4 minutes left in the game made it 14-13 Tyner.

Forrest drove 71 yards and scored the game winning TD with 13 seconds left in the game. Key plays were a dead ball personal foul by Tyner. Later on a 4th down and 6 play #23 snagged a beautiful slant and raced down inside the 20. Big runs by #8 led to a QB sneak TD from one yard out.

The first five minutes and the last five minutes of the game were well played. The middle 38 minutes were hard to watch. There was no athlete disparity. Good players on both teams. Both defenses swarmed the ball with lots of big hits, injury timeouts, and team speed.

Well it looks like that turnover I was talking about came back to beat Tyner. I felt as though a turnover free game could win it. They were close it sounds.

First of all Congrats to Forrest!! Bass it was actually 2 fumbles that killed momentum when Rams were driving. They also blew an opportunity inside the 5 yard line. Was proud of the "D" that held Forrest scoreless for 2 quarters. A hard fought game and hopefully something to build on for next year!!

First of all Congrats to Forrest!! Bass it was actually 2 fumbles that killed momentum when Rams were driving. They also blew an opportunity inside the 5 yard line. Was proud of the "D" that held Forrest scoreless for 2 quarters. A hard fought game and hopefully something to build on for next year!!

I called it. I thought if Tyner had zero turnovers they would win.

Forrest took the opening drive all the way in for a TD and the early 7-0 lead.

Forrest forced a punt on Tyner's first possession.

Forrest #21 returned it 70 plus yds untouched for the score and the 13-0 lead. (Missed XP was almost costly). Looked like it was going to be a blowout but Tyner's defense made some adjustments and shut Forrest down until the final drive.

For the next 3 quarters both teams put the ball on the ground, made errant throws, and offensively didn't look very good OR they both played really good Defense.

Tyner put together the best drives of the second quarter. With a long completion, some nifty running from #10 and a Forrest facemask call the Rams made it 13-7 at the half.

Most of the second half was played on the Forrest half of the field. Twice Forrest started drives inside their own 5 and twice Tyner had 1st and goal. One goal line stand and a 1 yd scoring run by #1 with 4 minutes left in the game made it 14-13 Tyner.

Forrest drove 71 yards and scored the game winning TD with 13 seconds left in the game. Key plays were a dead ball personal foul by Tyner. Later on a 4th down and 6 play #23 snagged a beautiful slant and raced down inside the 20. Big runs by #8 led to a QB sneak TD from one yard out.

The first five minutes and the last five minutes of the game were well played. The middle 38 minutes were hard to watch. There was no athlete disparity. Good players on both teams. Both defenses swarmed the ball with lots of big hits, injury timeouts, and team speed.

+1

Nice summary!

Wow - 13 seconds. Had to be a tough loss for Tyner. They were up 14-13 before Forrest scored.

I think if Tyner had finished 3rd, Region 3 would have won 3 games again this year. Still not sure how Boyd beat Tyner.

Congrats to Forrest on a nice win over a good team.

Edited by FootballFan51

+1

Nice summary!

Wow - 13 seconds. Had to be a tough loss for Tyner. They were up 14-13 before Forrest scored.

I think if Tyner had finished 3rd, Region 3 would have won 3 games again this year. Still not sure how Boyd beat Tyner.

Congrats to Forrest on a nice win over a good team.

We played Tyner early in the year while we were still a team.

Bass is like Nostradamus with his "the team that doesnt fumble will win" type predictions. 

I wasnt there. But was told by some folks who are too old to even boot up a computer that:

• Forrest looked dominant for a quarter, then Tyner made some adjustments. One big pass got them in position for their only 1st half score.  
  • Second half Tyner controlled field position. Got stuff once inside Forrest's 5. Tyner's second TD actually helped Forrest with field position. 
  • So Forrest converts a 4th down with a slant that gets tipped, and they smash their way to their last TD. 
  • Tyner was a bad matchup for Forrest speed wise. Forrest struggled to get to the edge all night. 

From what I hear Tyner had a rather small showing fan wise, and a wild band. I hope they enjoyed their visit to The Rock.  

I was at the game and as stated earlier I congratulate Forrest on the win. The game should have been won by Tyner but with those 2 self-inflicted fumbles and failure to run around the end(instead of in the middle) cost them the lead and ultimately the game.

In my opinion, a 7 point loss should have been no less than a 14 point win for the Rams.

Good luck next week because Meigs Co. Is tough!!

Well Forrest had 2 picks and a fumble of their own that cost them a possession with a less than ideal punt. Neither team played their best. Forrest made a play with the tipped pass then "rammed" it home for the win. Forrest threw one of the pics on 1st down when the run was working. Forrest should have scored 35 points. Anyone can play coulda shoudla woulda