East Nashville at Fairview Round 1

Swarm

I don't know a great deal about East other than they're very difficult to gauge. They've been competitive with some powerful teams and have been shut out by some too.

Fairview has put together quite a season in 2016. Going undefeated and winning the region championship. They have a strong running attack out of multiple sets, with multiple ball carriers. Their defense is very physical and hard hitting but has struggled with a match up or two in a couple games. They've also been a little vulnerable to the deep ball at times.

Their overall greatest strength is how they play as a team.

This game will tell us all where Fairview stands against Region 5.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have filmed and seen East up close they have some size and speed however not very disciplined.  Fairview should beat them if they execute and don't turn the ball over.  East is very athletic team with several big fast players so they may not be an easy win for Fairview.  East Linebacker #1 Jacob Phillips who has committed to Oklahoma is they key player for East on Defense. While I was standing on East's sideline several weeks ago at the Goodpasture game I met John Chavis Texas AM defensive coordinator was there to watch #1 even though he has committed to Oklahoma?

East has a solid defense but not so much on offense.  Fairview's offense before every snap needs to be aware of where #1 is as he attacks from everywhere and averages over 11 solo tackles per game. 

I have filmed and seen East up close they have some size and speed however not very disciplined. Fairview should beat them if they execute and don't turn the ball over. East is very athletic team with several big fast players so they may not be an easy win for Fairview. East Linebacker #1 Jacob Phillips who has committed to Oklahoma is they key player for East on Defense. While I was standing on East's sideline several weeks ago at the Goodpasture game I met John Chavis Texas AM defensive coordinator was there to watch #1 even though he has committed to Oklahoma?

East has a solid defense but not so much on offense. Fairview's offense before every snap needs to be aware of where #1 is as he attacks from everywhere and averages over 11 solo tackles per game.

Thank you! That's the most information about East that I've seen anywhere.

I've heard a good deal about Phillips being such a high level prospect. Congrats to that young man. I look forward to seeing him in action Friday night.

Edited by Swarm

Thank you! That's the most information about East that I've seen anywhere.

I've heard a good deal about Phillips being such a high level prospect. Congrats to that young man. I look forward to seeing him in action Friday night.

They also have a couple SEC prospects on the defense besides Phillips.

They also have a couple SEC prospects on the defense besides Phillips.

That's insane! Fairview has never had an SEC player and these Metro teams have multiples year in and year out. Sounds like we will definitely be the less talented team. We play well though and have a good coaching staff. We'll see what they come up with I guess.

Out of all the games I have seen this year East looked the most Athletic.  They for sure pass the look test.   Amazing how a smaller, slower more organized team can beat the crap out of faster and more athletic teams who are well coached.   I think East biggest weakness is they do not have a good QB and because of this they basically cannot move the ball consistently and have way too many turnovers.