East Nashville at Fairview Round 1

Swarm

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Tennessean:

Fairview is 10-0 for the first time since 1990, but the Region 6-3A champions would be smart not to overlook East Nashville, which reached into the playoffs with a sub-.500 record for the second straight year. Fariview has eclipsed the 40-point mark on five occasions this season, but Oklahoma commitment Jacob Phillips and the visiting Eagles won’t make things easy on the host Yellow Jackets.

Players to watch: Fairview — Jake Beathard (120 carries, 1,074 yards, 17 TDs); Kam Harris-Lusk (94 of 145 passing, 1,312 yards, 9 TDs). East Nashville — Jacob Phillips (104 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 TDs); Jayron Leatherwood (75 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 fumble recoveries).

The pick: East Nashville 21, Fairview 20

From the Tennessean:

5]Fairview is 10-0 for the first time since 1990, but the Region 6-3A champions would be smart not to overlook East Nashville, which reached into the playoffs with a sub-.500 record for the second straight year. Fariview has eclipsed the 40-point mark on five occasions this season, but Oklahoma commitment Jacob Phillips and the visiting Eagles won’t make things easy on the host Yellow Jackets.

5]Players to watch: Fairview — Jake Beathard (120 carries, 1,074 yards, 17 TDs); Kam Harris-Lusk (94 of 145 passing, 1,312 yards, 9 TDs). East Nashville — Jacob Phillips (104 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 TDs); Jayron Leatherwood (75 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 fumble recoveries).

5]The pick: East Nashville 21, Fairview 20

For the record, the Tennessean is incorrect. Fairview's only other undefeated season was 1979.

From the Tennessean:

Fairview is 10-0 for the first time since 1990, but the Region 6-3A champions would be smart not to overlook East Nashville, which reached into the playoffs with a sub-.500 record for the second straight year. Fariview has eclipsed the 40-point mark on five occasions this season, but Oklahoma commitment Jacob Phillips and the visiting Eagles won’t make things easy on the host Yellow Jackets.

Players to watch: Fairview — Jake Beathard (120 carries, 1,074 yards, 17 TDs); Kam Harris-Lusk (94 of 145 passing, 1,312 yards, 9 TDs). East Nashville — Jacob Phillips (104 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 TDs); Jayron Leatherwood (75 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 fumble recoveries).

The pick: East Nashville 21, Fairview 20

I think Fairview will be smart, and not overlook East Nashville.  Geez.

Fairview has a very senior heavy team this year, so I think the Jackets will be fired up and ready at home on Friday.

Fairview 35

East Nashville 14

I think Fairview will be smart, and not overlook East Nashville. Geez.

Fairview has a very senior heavy team this year, so I think the Jackets will be fired up and ready at home on Friday.

Fairview 35

East Nashville 14

I agree with this. Last year's first round game is still fresh on their minds. They may lose if East is the better team but they will have to play 4 quarters and earn it. These boys will fight til the end.

Fairview 13

East Nashville 7

That is one question I had when I watched East earlier this year and wondered why  #1 Phillips did not play on offensive and line up in the backfield and run the ball or TE/SLOT or WR.   The problem East does not have a QB from what I have seen so I would just Wildcat direct Snap to Phillips and have him run off tackle all night long .  He is a load and would get 5 yards a carry easy.  

Now that it is the playoffs I bet he will be much more involved i the offensive.