Germantown at Franklin Round 1

kwc

Outside of the top 3 in Region 4, Memphis football is not that good. Region 3 will go 5-3 this Friday. My upset pick might actually be a not so good Antioch over White Station. If the Bears can actually play 4 qtrs, they MAY be able to win. They are strong on defense, just can't score. Whitehaven and Cordova are an entity of their own. White Station will more or less beat Antioch. The rest ✌

Good luck with that, Antioch doesn't stand a chance although it would please me greatly if they do pull the upset.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think G-Town may have a decent dual threat QB. K-Dub can you confirm or deny? I missed the G-Town game this year

G-town's QB, Miles Guyton, is a big strapping young man who look to be about 6'-3" or 6'-4" and about 215 lbs or so. He does run the read option well, but he is a better passer. His numbers are as follows through 9 games:

Comp.: 58, Attempts: 124, Yards: 948,  Completion Percentage: 47  TD/INT Ratio: 9/8

They have two WR that are amoung the top WRs in Shelby County in  Cameron Tewari (Catches: 29, Yards: 347, YPC: 12, TD: 1) and  Jaylin Williams (Catches: 27, Yards: 555, YPC: 20.6, TD: 7).

Like I said ... It depends upon what team shows up. Their 'D' is pretty good at stopping the run.

Yeah looking at the schedule this Germantown team looks like Jeckyll and Hyde.

They lost to 4-5 Houston (39-7) and 3-7 Collierville (33-7). And they lost to 6-4 White Station (48-0).

Then they lost to 9-1 Cordova by 14 and 10-0 Whitehaven by 7.

But they have given up +30 points in 6 of 10 games.

So yeah I certainly see the argument that if the right team shows up this could be an upset.

I remember back in the day, showing my age, germantown was really loaded. Always played tough and were well coached.

Southwind's and Houston's creation is what did them in however if the right coach was to come from the Netherland coaching tree they could be back to a degree... I for one am enjoying seeing them flounder as they ended my high school career.