Mr Football Semifinalists

BoardHater71

Never have I once bashed Winn. I just believe someone else is better. I'm sorry you can't comprehend that. As far as disrespecting a military vet, this is a messsge board. I'm sorry if I disagreed with someone who served our great country but will say what I want and feel on these message boards.

That would be me, ill-mannered sir! Yup, this guy even threatened me at one point and edited his point soon after. He also was extremely happy and posted trash talk when the Dresden QB got hurt and when called out said,"Sorry, I didn't post "praying for your QB" or anything." That right there shows you he wasn't go to show any class. You're something else, Jtown. I'm still hoping I meet you someday.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year they both were deserving but Winn was the deserved winner, IMO. I understand what you mean with Rice, he's a gamer and a great football player. He has to do a lot for his team. Winn is the better overall athlete/QB, hard to argue against that. His completion % is pretty impresseive for anyone. Just based on this year, I think Rice will win just because how this year has played out for both players. Who knows what kind of stats thy could have if they got to play full games every week. Shoot, one of the RBs might slip in as a finalist. They've both have had great careers and hopefully one will get to settle it on the field.

+1

That would be me, ill-mannered sir! Yup, this guy even threatened me at one point and edited his point soon after. He also was extremely happy and posted trash talk when the Dresden QB got hurt and when called out said,"Sorry, I didn't post "praying for your QB" or anything." That right there shows you he wasn't go to show any class. You're something else, Jtown. I'm still hoping I meet you someday.

Lol ok, so you must have prayed for every single player that got injuried in high school football this year? Good for you. I respect the things you've done and what you stand for but if my posts rub you the wrong way that's on you l.

Last year they both were deserving but Winn was the deserved winner, IMO. I understand what you mean with Rice, he's a gamer and a great football player. He has to do a lot for his team. Winn is the better overall athlete/QB, hard to argue against that. His completion % is pretty impresseive for anyone. Just based on this year, I think Rice will win just because how this year has played out for both players. Who knows what kind of stats thy could have if they got to play full games every week. Shoot, one of the RBs might slip in as a finalist. They've both have had great careers and hopefully one will get to settle it on the field.

Only playing 8 regular season games and 20 quarters hurts his chances, but there's a 17% differential in passing, and the rushing difference is ridiculous. One has 83 carries and averages 5 yards a carry, while the other has had around 35 carries and around 15 yards per carry with more overall rushing yards. I don't think voters will give it to him two years in a row. If they're going off who did more with the ball when he had it and don't care if someone wins once again, Winn will win again easily. Again, only one West TN guy has won it two years in a row.

Lol ok, so you must have prayed for every single player that got injuried in high school football this year? Good for you. I respect the things you've done and what you stand for but if my posts rub you the wrong way that's on you l.

I seriously pray every time I hear of an injured player anywhere on this website, but you were just jumping up and down, weren't you? You fail to realize these kids are more than football players. You are as disrespectful as they come!

I seriously pray every time I hear of an injured player anywhere on this website, but you were just jumping up and down, weren't you? You fail to realize these kids are more than football players. You are as disrespectful as they come!

Yea I was jubilant.😠Cry me a river bud, this is a message board, get over it.

Only playing 8 regular season games and 20 quarters hurts his chances, but there's a 17% differential in passing, and the rushing difference is ridiculous. One has 83 carries and averages 5 yards a carry, while the other has had around 35 carries and around 15 yards per carry with more overall rushing yards. I don't think voters will give it to him two years in a row. If they're going off who did more with the ball when he had it and don't care if someone wins once again, Winn will win again easily. Again, only one West TN guy has won it two years in a row.

If anyone wants him to win again, it would be me. Just how I see it this year. I will say the only thing against him last year is that he didn't do well against UC and he still won the award. This year he did that. Hoping for a repeat.

Everything becomes irrelevant when it's not in favor, of course. Go to sleep dude, your own fan base has even argued and wondered about the playing time. It doesn't matter to me and have no dog in it. But will not stand for a complete moron getting on here and posting things like " they will probably just GIVE it to Rice" like it's a charity. Lol it's okay though, Your train ride ends in the semis.

Again, it was one poster who hasn't even been to a game this year. That's not our "fanbase." This kid's dad even got on the T and cleared the air. He couldn't have played any less than what he did. Rice already had 20 quarters under his belt midway though the season. I don't believe WC runs the score up on people, but they've played more in the second half than Dresden has. Rightfully so, they should have played more in the second half than Dresden. You guys had competitive games with Scotts Hill, Riverside, Huntingdon, etc. They pull Winn out of the game way before anybody.

If anyone wants him to win again, it would be me. Just how I see it this year. I will say the only thing against him last year is that he didn't do well against UC and he still won the award. This year he did that. Hoping for a repeat.

He did well against UC this year, but we hardly threw the ball. That was frustrating. UC had five guys in the box for the majority of the game with that dime package, so I understand. He did good passing when he got to throw, but also had several big runs. He only threw the ball nine times that game for 166 yards. Yates will make you pay if you worry about the pass. I'll never forget what he did to UC as a Freshman. That's the only thing that kept Dresden in that game. His junior year he was getting hit every play, but he still had around 250 passing yards, just had the turnovers. That's another thing worth noting. Yates had 1296 rushing yards on 99 carries, whereas Wayne County's leading rusher had 28 carries for 269 yards. WC seems like they have more of an air raid offense and don't have a runningback that cuts into their stats. Winn's numbers are real impressive when you consider the amount of rushing Dresden does and vice versa. This is a balanced 50/50 offense.

Again, it was one poster who hasn't even been to a game this year. That's not our "fanbase." This kid's dad even got on the T and cleared the air. He couldn't have played any less than what he did. Rice already had 20 quarters under his belt midway though the season. I don't believe WC runs the score up on people, but they've played more in the second half than Dresden has. Rightfully so, they should have played more in the second half than Dresden. You guys had competitive games with Scotts Hill, Riverside, Huntingdon, etc. They pull Winn out of the game way before anybody.

I acknowledge the sly about the strength of those teams lol but all 3 of those teams are still playing😱 This will all be settled in the semis. Bet ya both plays 4 quarters then. I'm done.

I acknowledge the sly about the strength of those teams lol but all 3 of those teams are still playing😱 This will all be settled in the semis. Bet ya both plays 4 quarters then. I'm done.

Counting your chickens again. They'll be fortunate if both are in the semi's. Cart before the horse hasn't worked out real good the last few years for either team.

I'm a Dresden fan & have no idea who Envoy is. I will say to both fan bases, these are kids your bashing to try to make your player look better. This message board & you posters have absolutely no bearing on the voting. As for Rice, I've personally heard from a few Dresden fans that went to Huntingdon to watch him & said he's an absolute beast. Of course we think Winn is the best QB as well because he's ours. Winn won last year & has been quoted as saying that he's won it already & his main goal is the gold ball. I would have no problem with Rice winning Mr Football & my Dresden Lions winning the GOLD ball! 😉 Best of luck to Winn & Rice.