Mr Football Semifinalists

BoardHater71

I wasn't being nebulous. Walker has been mentioned in here before.

You are being nebulous when you discuss "Walker" but don't mention his school.  I assumed correctly that was his last name but it could have been his first.  If you want to educate the public about this guy then you should at least mention his full name and team.  I and probably many others had no idea to whom you were referring. What if I told you that "Lewis" also had been overlooked?  You would be scratching your head.

Edited by owlbooster

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are being nebulous when you discuss "Walker" but don't mention his school. I assumed correctly that was his last name but it could have been his first. If you want to educate the public about this guy then you should at least mention his full name and team. I and probably many others had no idea to whom you were referring. What if I told you that "Lewis" also had been overlooked? You would be scratching your head.

Good grief man go critique someone else. Obviously others knew who I referenced. The kid got hosed and its not up for debate. Congrats to the other kids who were nominated though because all of them are outstanding players.

He'll be in Memphis next Friday if you or anyone else wants to educate themselves. If his play holds true like his season so far he will again have a great performance. I'm not predicting a win but he will show those in attendance that he is an excellent player on both sides of the ball.

I've never seen a kid with approximately 3000 all purpose yards (1300 more than some nominationed) not be nominated for Mr Football. I'm absolutely stunned. Rediculous is a good word for it.

Edited by Playerscoach

Good grief man go critique someone else. Obviously others knew who I referenced. The kid got hosed and its not up for debate. Congrats to the other kids who were nominated though because all of them are outstanding players.

He'll be in Memphis next Friday if you or anyone else wants to educate themselves. If his play holds true like his season so far he will again have a great performance. I'm not predicting a win but he will show those in attendance that he is an excellent player on both sides of the ball.

I've never seen a kid with approximately 3000 all purpose yards (1300 more than some nominationed) not be nominated for Mr Football. I'm absolutely stunned. Rediculous is a good word for it.

So you were only sharing sour grapes with your buds and not actually making a statement to the public in general.  How difficult would it have been simply to say "Walker at DCA" ?  You know not everybody who reads this blog follows DCA, IIA or lives in Nashville.  Preaching to the choir achieves nothing.  You're obviously the type who never admits doing something wrong, so I'll leave you to it. 

Edited by owlbooster

So you were only sharing sour grapes with your buds and not actually making a statement to the public in general. You know not everybody who reads this blog follows DCA, IIA or lives in Nashville. Preaching to the choir achieves nothing. You're obviously the type who never admits doing something wrong, so I'll leave you to it.

Not sour grapes, just stating the obvious.

What I achieved was voicing my opinion. It was not a question or an invitation to debate. You seem incapable of understanding that? Most folks don't find that difficult to comprehend.

Not sour grapes, just stating the obvious.

What I achieved was voicing my opinion. It was not a question or an invitation to debate. You seem incapable of understanding that? Most folks don't find that difficult to comprehend.

I haven't debated a thing.  My only issue is that I had ZERO idea of whom you were talking about because I'm not a member of your club and you assumed that everybody reading a blog about Mr Football nominees automatically knew who "Walker" was and what school he played for.  You're obviously incapable of understanding that.  Did the list of nominees only include their last names?  without their schools?  Why not?  Isn't it common knowledge?  Shouldn't everybody know these things?  

Obviously (to me) I had no idea who you were talking about either. "Up for debate" is what you're doing now, so don't get your panties in such a bunch...nobody gave a hint that the kid..."Walker"...was unfit to be nominated, or to win for that matter...just irritated that you are now proclaiming that he got "jobbed" like no one else ever has, yet it does every year. Just for the record, Thomas (Junior) Kimmel had more yards than that last season at Scotts Hill, yet was not "region mvp"...get over it.

Obviously (to me) I had no idea who you were talking about either. "Up for debate" is what you're doing now, so don't get your panties in such a bunch...nobody gave a hint that the kid..."Walker"...was unfit to be nominated, or to win for that matter...just irritated that you are now proclaiming that he got "jobbed" like no one else ever has, yet it does every year. Just for the record, Thomas (Junior) Kimmel had more yards than that last season at Scotts Hill, yet was not "region mvp"...get over it.

You mistake my statement as being an invitation to debate, which I am not interested in. It makes no difference to me if someone else has or hasn't been nominated nor have I said it's never happened. Using Walker was all I used because those I actually gave a rip about knew who I was talking about. If I said the "mountains are pretty" would you have to know which ones and the state?

This board is full of sensitive little fellas who have a very real difficulty understanding exactly how this works? Getting critiqued over not using a first name and school is just odd to me? BTW I've never heard of Scotts Hill and don't care to even look it up. I sure as heck won't request you to tell me what division they are in or where it's located. See how that works?

You mistake my statement as being an invitation to debate, which I am not interested in. It makes no difference to me if someone else has or hasn't been nominated nor have I said it's never happened. Using Walker was all I used because those I actually gave a rip about knew who I was talking about. If I said the "mountains are pretty" would you have to know which ones and the state?

This board is full of sensitive little fellas who have a very real difficulty understanding exactly how this works? Getting critiqued over not using a first name and school is just odd to me? BTW I've never heard of Scotts Hill and don't care to even look it up. I sure as heck won't request you to tell me what division they are in or where it's located. See how that works?

For someone who is "not interested" in debating, you sure have posted much attempted debate with owlbooster, who was simply trying to decipher your initial post.  I agree that Walker of DCA is an excellent back, but I cannot say that he was "jobbed",since I have not seen all of the backs who were nominated.  It seems to me that you show a tad of disrespect to the actual nominees by implying that they are somehow the beneficiaries of some nebulous unfair system.  I guess you can feel free to give out your own awards if you don't like the criteria utilized by the existing award structure.     

Congrats to all of the nominees! 

Yes, I see that you know that Kimmel is from Scotts Hill, and that's because I mentioned that fact. You see how it's supposed to work?

You start a thread from scratch, and when someone responds in a manner that doesn't necessarily align with your viewpoint, you go berserk! If you want to proclaim something without feedback, take an ad out in the local paper (maybe you won't have to be specific with the locals), but expect people to respond on here...that's what it's for. By the way...I love the mountains!

Yes, I see that you know that Kimmel is from Scotts Hill, and that's because I mentioned that fact. You see how it's supposed to work?

You start a thread from scratch, and when someone responds in a manner that doesn't necessarily align with your viewpoint, you go berserk! If you want to proclaim something without feedback, take an ad out in the local paper (maybe you won't have to be specific with the locals), but expect people to respond on here...that's what it's for. By the way...I love the mountains!

Beserk? We have different opinions of what the definition of that is. Hyperbole much?

Well, I'm sorry you want me to post differently. I made a statement. Others agreed with my statement. As far as me debating you again are mistaken because the only discussion towards me has been about confusion concerning where Walker played no the merits. I could give a rip if someone wants to discuss those.

I still could care less about where Scotts Hill is or that you like the mountains. Good for you. ðŸ‘