CLINTON DRAGONS 2017?

92Dragon

This. Adding teams to 6A (dumb for this state to have 6 classes but that's another topic) shifted schools around during the realignment. Clinton is one of the smaller 5A schools though.

I believe I saw somewhere where clinton was the 2nd or 3rd smallest 5A school. I would much rather them play 5A instead of having to go to Chattanooga like AC is.

I believe I saw somewhere where clinton was the 2nd or 3rd smallest 5A school. I would much rather them play 5A instead of having to go to Chattanooga like AC is.

Aside from the schools that chose to move up from 4A, Clinton is the 2nd smallest 5A school. Oddly enough, Knox Central is the 3rd smallest, Catholic is the "4th smallest", and Sevier County is the 5th smallest. Ignoring Catholic (and the multiplier), Clinton, Central, and Sevier Co are all within 15 students of each other in total enrollment.

I don't like the long road trips, but I do like playing a tough schedule. Playing better teams will make you a better team in the long run in my opinion. But you must have a good coaching staff too!