Admirals host Owls Round 3

MicasaMaster

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PA, you and Doug got dem Owls ready?

The Ads are well coached and hardnosed and the Owls gotta go up to their house, that being said, I think the Owls got what it takes to win this one and the next one and represent not just 4-5A but East Tennesse in Cookville. After that I'm not sure but it's Hooterville's last shot at the 5A gold ball so make the most of it Owls and bring it on home.

I think we were all hoping for that Eagle/Owl quarterfinal rematch just because its become such a great rivalry but it just wasnt meant to be. The Eagles had their chances last night but our secondary and penalty issues caught up to us and it was fatal. Both the Owls and Guts have gotten better as this season went on and that's what championship caliber teams do so it should be a dandy of a game Friday. I wouldnt be surprised to see a low scoring defensive slugfest cause I think the Owls match up better with Farragut than the Eagles did.

GO OWLS!!!!

MY BUDDY DOUG WILL HAVE DEM BOYS READY!

#LOP GO OWLS!

We had 500 yards of offense. Penalties were the only thing that kept us from hanging 50+.

I know what you mean. If not for penalties, and an injured kicker/punter, I thought Farragut could have scored on every possession and had 70+ (sarcasm).

Both teams were helped and hurt by penalties during the game. Two Rhea TD drives were kept alive by questionable roughing the passer penalties where the QB left the pocket and became a runner. If not for the penalties, the Farragut defense would have been off the field in both instances (the second one actually nullified a Farragut interception). In fact, if not for the unsportsmanlike conduct and personal foul penalties issued to what was apparently a single Rhea player that lost his composure, Farragut had more penalty yardage than Rhea County.

At any rate, any suggestion that penalties were the deciding factor in the final outcome is just not accurate.

Edited by Former44

At any rate, any suggestion that penalties were the deciding factor in the final outcome is just not accurate.

Actually is it very accurate - difference between 3rd and 7 and 3rd in inches for the last Farragut score which would have probably been the difference between 3 and 7 points - up by 8 instead of 11. 

Several long plays by the Eagles were nullified by holding penalties and Rhea started 1st and 15 many times. 

Farragut also got second chances several times after they were stopped.

If you don't think penalties influenced the outcome of this game you were not watching very closely. 

I personally would like to see the teams play with the refs NOT being the focus of the game which for some reason they decided to be right from the start of the game. 

Actually is it very accurate - difference between 3rd and 7 and 3rd in inches for the last Farragut score which would have probably been the difference between 3 and 7 points - up by 8 instead of 11.

Several long plays by the Eagles were nullified by holding penalties and Rhea started 1st and 15 many times.

Farragut also got second chances several times after they were stopped.

If you don't think penalties influenced the outcome of this game you were not watching very closely.

I personally would like to see the teams play with the refs NOT being the focus of the game which for some reason they decided to be right from the start of the game.

Both teams had penalties and missed opportunities.

As I stated previously, Rhea County got TWO TOUCHDOWNS on drives that were stopped due to Farragut penalties. In addition, at the conclusion of one of those drives, the interference called against Farragut on 4th and 4 at the goal line - pass thrown high and incomplete - could easily have been a no-call. There was a pass interference against Rhea in the 1st quarter that probably could have been called similarly.

As far as the holding calls are concerned, Hardin was held numerous times that WERE NOT called; as frustrating as that was, my guess is that most of the holding evened out on both sides.

Farragut had several procedure and holding penalties that put them in bad down and distance situations as well; but, rather than make excuses, they overcame them (maybe you weren't watching closely enough).

Unlike most Rhea County posters, it

seems that you want to dwell on excuses rather than credit (respect is a term YOU used in another post) the Farragut kids with winning the game on the field - which THEY DID.

Both teams had penalties and both had opportunities to make plays. Farragut players made the plays when they needed them.

Go Admirals!

Edited by Former44

You are wasting your time - folks from the Knoxville area have no respect for the Chattanooga area teams.  

At the start of last year, with Bradley in the Super 32. I do think there were a lot who dismissed us because of being from the Chattanooga area. But I think we have changed that perception some.