Admirals host Owls Round 3

MicasaMaster

At the start of last year, with Bradley in the Super 32. I do think there were a lot who dismissed us because of being from the Chattanooga area. But I think we have changed that perception some.

I, for one, have NEVER felt that way. How could I ever forget the record-setting 7-overtime game with Bradley Central?

We used to be in the same region with Bradley, Oak Ridge, Ooltewah and Soddy-Daisy - talk about a murderer's row! Those were some incredibly talented teams.

I also remember when Tim Daniels had the undefeated Red Bank team.

Maybe not necessarily a Chattanooga area team, but the Championship Lincoln County team that beat the Todd Helton led Central team at Neyland was one of the best, if not the best, high school team I ever saw. There has been great football in lower East Tennessee for a long time.

Edited by Former44

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, have NEVER felt that way. How could I ever forget the record-setting 7-overtime game with Bradley Central?

We used to be in the same region with Bradley, Oak Ridge, Ooltewah and Soddy-Daisy - talk about a murderer's row! Those were some incredibly talented teams.

I also remember when Tim Daniels had the undefeated Red Bank team.

Maybe not necessarily a Chattanooga area team, but the Championship Lincoln County team that beat the Todd Helton led Central team at Neyland was one of the best, if not the best, high school team I ever saw. There has been great football in lower East Tennessee for a long time.

Ah yes that Lincoln County team was something special. One of the biggest offensive lines i have ever seen in high school and studs like Rod Buchanan and Kelly Holcomb made them almost unstoppable. Great team.

Ah yes that Lincoln County team was something special. One of the biggest offensive lines i have ever seen in high school and studs like Rod Buchanan and Kelly Holcomb made them almost unstoppable. Great team.

Man, that team was something special. I watched them dismantle us 26-13 in 1990. Do any of y'all remember that Fullback they had? He was like a huge low centered bowling ball. A wrecking ball! Man, he was hard to bring down. Kelly H went on to have a good career in the NFL. LC has gone to nothing since those great teams they had in the early 90's.

Man, that team was something special. I watched them dismantle us 26-13 in 1990. Do any of y'all remember that Fullback they had? He was like a huge low centered bowling ball. A wrecking ball! Man, he was hard to bring down. Kelly H went on to have a good career in the NFL. LC has gone to nothing since those great teams they had in the early 90's.

I remember he was listed at 245 lbs, could flat out move, and carried several Central defenders down the field on his back the entire game.

Someone at the game commented that he had been moved to fullback from defensive tackle.

Edited by Former44

I remember he was listed at 245 lbs, could flat out move, and carried several Central defenders down the field on his back the entire game.

Someone at the game commented that he had been moved to fullback from defensive tackle.

Holy crap could he ever move! Me and my dad still talk about that guy! He just wore out our defense. I think he was a bigger factor in them beating us than Buchanan was, and Buchanan was great in his own right, but that FB was a friggin' truck. BTW that Central team was downright awesome as well. Kippy Bayless, Courtland Styles, and of course the great Helton just to name a few. Still haven't seen a better QB at the HS level in TN.

Edited by SweetScience

Holy crap could he ever move! Me and my dad still talk about that guy! He just wore out our defense. I think he was a bigger factor in them beating us than Buchanan was, and Buchanan was great in his own right, but that FB was a friggin' truck. BTW that Central team was downright awesome as well. Kippy Bayless, Courtland Styles, and of course the great Helton just to name a few. Still haven't seen a better QB at the HS level in TN.

Don't forget Ricky Kirkland at receiver, he was a burner and he and Helton made a lot of defenses pay when they focused on trying to stop Bayless. Not sure, but I was thinking Courtland Styles (QB) came along a little later?? At any rate that was one of the most explosive offenses i have ever seen. Helton was a great high school QB but he was a pretty good safety as well.