Round 3 Marion County vs. Forrest

Astimeexpires01

So prior to tonight Meigs fans were saying we want Marion again. It won't be like the first time, we've improved. They lose, and now say Marion as bad as they want versus team that just beat you? Makes sense. 😂

Maybe he's right? MC is a machine.

Marion must be very very good to do that to Watertown. Just have way too many athletes and are a solid football team.

Wondering if Ameriga or someone from Forrest can answer. What makes the Rockets better this year than last? I know that some have said they were improved over a year ago. Just Curious because i dont think Marion is as good.

I don't think Marion is as explosive as last.. But I do think this team plays with a chip! They've heard all year about "not being as good" as last year. I honestly don't think one kid believes that this team is not as good as last year's and it show's on the field! Alot of the credit should go to the coaching as well. Mathis is what we expected him to be. I am seeing totally different sets on the offensive side of the ball. Hard to study film when we haven't ran most of these plays all season.

I don't think Marion is as explosive as last.. But I do think this team plays with a chip! They've heard all year about "not being as good" as last year. I honestly don't think one kid believes that this team is not as good as last year's and it show's on the field! Alot of the credit should go to the coaching as well. Mathis is what we expected him to be. I am seeing totally different sets on the offensive side of the ball. Hard to study film when we haven't ran most of these plays all season.

Agree, this team is light years ahead of where they were to start the season. The coaches have done a good job bringing the qb along and i would think that the next two seasons he will be one of the best in the valley. With the talent and most of these seniors being three year starters next year we will see how these coaches bring these younguns along but there is quite a bit of talent, but also some question marks. I have all the confidence in the world in them though. Lots of talent coming up thru the ranks.

Forrest best defense will be our offense. Everyone knows our bread and butter is power running football. It's worked pretty well 11 games so far. Need sustainable drives to keep it away from Marion. Forrest is much more physical than your previous playoff opponents. Maybe we can give the almighty Marion a decent game.

I wondered if others had picked up on new offensive sets. Kids are playing pretty good ball right now.