Alcoa/Betsy

coachh17

From the Johnson City Press:

Witten said he believes the Cyclones have seen similar type offensive players this season.

“I don’t think they have a back bigger than (Science Hill’s) King Russell, or a quarterback who is more of a dual threat than (Science Hill’s) Jaylan Adams,†said Witten. “I have a hard time believing they could be more physical or more talented or have more speed than Science Hill.â€

Can't wait to see the Coach T comments after the game tonight. Wonder what ol Coach Witten will have to say after the game. I would like an in depth comparison between the physical power house  that is SH and Alcoa.

I would encourage folks to not get too sidetracked focusing on Witten's comparison of Alcoa and Science Hill.  I haven't seen SH this year, or in many years.  But I've seen Alcoa and Betsy a LOT in the last several years.  I'm not predicting a Betsy win, but I'm telling you guys, from a fairly objective observer, Betsy has about a 30% chance, plus or minus, to win this game. Unlike most weeks, there is a legitimate chance Alcoa could lose. 

Turnovers are likely to be key.  If there aren't any, Alcoa is likely to win.  If Betsy is +1 or better in TO, their chances to pull out an upset go up considerably. 

Seriously, Betsy's OL, and to an even greater extent its DL, match up VERY equally against Alcoa's fronts this year.  Betsy's DL this year is the best I've seen in many years with the exception of Alcoa's 2015 DL (that was the best DL unit I've ever seen in HS).

I believe the line of scrimmage will turn out to be a draw.  The game will be decided by turnover ratio, coaching, and which skill players make some plays.  While I think one or two of Alcoa's skill players this year are not quite as good as some of my Tornado brethren on here seem to think they are, Alcoa certainly has an advantage in the depth/number of skill players compared to Betsy.  Should be a heck of a game, and I do believe this likely is the de facto 3A title game.

I would encourage folks to not get too sidetracked focusing on Witten's comparison of Alcoa and Science Hill. I haven't seen SH this year, or in many years. But I've seen Alcoa and Betsy a LOT in the last several years. I'm not predicting a Betsy win, but I'm telling you guys, from a fairly objective observer, Betsy has about a 30% chance, plus or minus, to win this game. Unlike most weeks, there is a legitimate chance Alcoa could lose.

Turnovers are likely to be key. If there aren't any, Alcoa is likely to win. If Betsy is +1 or better in TO, their chances to pull out an upset go up considerably.

Seriously, Betsy's OL, and to an even greater extent its DL, match up VERY equally against Alcoa's fronts this year. Betsy's DL this year is the best I've seen in many years with the exception of Alcoa's 2015 DL (that was the best DL unit I've ever seen in HS).

I believe the line of scrimmage will turn out to be a draw. The game will be decided by turnover ratio, coaching, and which skill players make some plays. While I think one or two of Alcoa's skill players this year are not quite as good as some of my Tornado brethren on here seem to think they are, Alcoa certainly has an advantage in the depth/number of skill players compared to Betsy. Should be a heck of a game, and I do believe this likely is the de facto 3A title game.

F23E02D6-C91B-43B0-AC67-3AB5CF5CD234_zps

Really don't matter what any of us think! These young men will decide it on the field. And all of us has been' saying see I told you what would happen. I hope it's a safe game for both sides and it comes down to last possession! With that said Alcoa is the hill and The Cyclones are prepared to climb it! Good luck Cyclones!

thinkin the smeltin potters squeek out one and will be in Squatchy Valley next week to meet their maker

Aluminum City - 34

Betsy - 21

thats a Booger Pickin :mrgreen:

Tornadoes will blow through lower Pikeville and cut a pathway through Cookie Town Too!!

just saying.....as long as we take care of business tonight ... ::))