NCS @ WC round 3

wildcat89

I stated on another thread how play calling has been an issue for us at times. I am on the inside and maybe can't see the forest because of the trees. Just curious from the WC perspective, did you all feel like we got away from the run game and threw it way to much? I thought our backs were having success.

I think the play calling was just fine. NCS has a very good QB and should be used just as much. He made a couple of ify throws but so did Rice, it isn't always perfect. You can't get frustrated and want to abounded something that works. I'll uses Rice as an example again, for every bad throw he has made, he has made 15-20 great throws. WC wouldn't be here without Rice's arm. It would have probably been beneficial For NCS to run #11 & #26 more, but your QB picked up some first downs with his throwing and his running. I think you folks have a very good coach. He made some really good calls that tricked WC's defense. I haven't seen that happen this year. It was a good football game. Again, you folks have a very respectful bunch. Edited by wildcatalumni

Hard fought game. Congratulations to WC. We certainly had our chances. Picked off Rice twice and hustle on special teams resulting in to WC mishaps on punts for a total of 4 TO and we come away with no points. That's tough but credit WC for not yielding anything.

Two terrible 15 yards penalties, one taking a TD off the board and one backing us up to the 20. Both were absolutely the correct calls. Again no points.

NCS had every chance to take control of the game but fate has something different in mind for this Wayne County bunch.

Must also say I am not sure why we tried to get in a shoot out when our run game was working and working darn well too. Don't know the final stats but sure seems like we had 2 backs over a 100.

We moved the ball well on the ground and especially on the left side. Sometimes the play calling just doesnt make sense.  One drive we marched down field on the ground to get in the red zone, and then for some reason felt we had to abandon the run. Very puzzling.  We also have to find a way to keep our composure. When a player gets his feelings hurt because of what someone else does or says and gets backed up 15 yds, he's not caring about his team much. He did the same thing last week late in the game. We were in great shape at that time, but that selfish penalty, which backed us up to the 20 resulting in no points was a backbreaker. How control has not been taken over a situation like that is very frustrating to me.

Congratulations to Wayne County! Your players are not only talented, but also full of heart and come to battle. They are also very well coached.  Preston Rice is everything people say about him and more.  He is extremely talented, but his biggest attribute might be his competitiveness.  When he threw a pic he didnt hang his head and say Oh no!  He took off after the ball. What a player and what a team. Your fans are also very warm and classy folks. 

Interesting story, After the game when everyone was down on the field, I walked over to congratulate WC players.  I saw a WC fan walking across the field. Keep in mind there were hundreds of people on the field.  I asked him if he might know of and know who wildcat89 was. He said That's me!  Imagine that! He's the only person I even asked, and I picked him out of hundreds of people. I hope y'all take it all wildcat. If I can make it, I might see y'all in Dresden. Go cats!  

NCS passing 97 yds 0 tds

Rushing 273 yds 3 tds

WC Passing 272 yds 4 tds

Rushing 223 yds 1 td

I see Preston Rice as Mr. Football again. Scoring TD's, stripping the football twice, "Dude" refuses to lose. Of course he has a great team around him but from a stats, leadership, and competitiveness standpoint, how can you not chose him. He DA Man!

We moved the ball well on the ground and especially on the left side. Sometimes the play calling just doesnt make sense. One drive we marched down field on the ground to get in the red zone, and then for some reason felt we had to abandon the run. Very puzzling. We also have to find a way to keep our composure. When a player gets his feelings hurt because of what someone else does or says and gets backed up 15 yds, he's not caring about his team much. He did the same thing last week late in the game. We were in great shape at that time, but that selfish penalty, which backed us up to the 20 resulting in no points was a backbreaker. How control has not been taken over a situation like that is very frustrating to me.

Carguy, I couldn't agree more. We have to find a way to be more composed in the future. Our mistakes killed us against a team as prepared and well coached as WC. I thought we were prepared. We were in position to make plays against Rice but the guy just keep making plays.

Our best defense last night was the run game and we got away from that.

I stated on another thread how play calling has been an issue for us at times. I am on the inside and maybe can't see the forest because of the trees. Just curious from the WC perspective, did you all feel like we got away from the run game and threw it way to much? I thought our backs were having success.

#11 & #26 best backs we have faced this year........agree with you should have stayed with run